Crazy fire!

RedSionnach

I don't know if any of you have seen anything about the Carlton Complex wildfire that is burning up Washington right now, but it's insane. I live in a small town called Omak, just north of where the fires are burning. I've never seen it as bad as it is. Wildfires are kind of a normal thing around here, never this bad though. The air is thick with smoke and ash. Many friends and coworkers have lost everything in seconds. I have a couple of friends on one of the fire crews that barely made it out of the way when the fire jumped 100 yards right at them. Right now we are at level 2 evacuation. Phones are sketchy, and power is fluctuating so I'm not sure if this is going to post or not. It may be a while before I'm back, so stay safe.

• Like 1

I wish you and friends and family the best Redsionnach. I know a wild fire is nothing at compared to the garage fire that happened to me on a garage next to my home. Fire is just a mean scary beast when its out of control. I get paranoid when I smell wood burning now because of the fire I get kinda paranoid around the 4th because houses do catch on fire from hot fireworks. Keep Safe and try to find a nice comfy spot to ride this out. Your in the all of us TIA'ers prayers!!

Thank you DR. It's amazing how fast things are changing. One minute it pack your shit and get ready to run, the next, stand down. The winds have changed directions so we have been downgraded to a level 0. Hopefully it helps with the men on the lines. The one silver lining is there have been no major injuries or fatalities.

It's odd, sometimes I wish I were still red carded, but it's really nice being home, not on the line or at fire camp.

• Like 1