Foam for Tool boxes

madman_us

not sure I would want to protect my selection of plyers or tin snips in that way, I realize some things are a bit more sensitive and need protection but real estate is also important in a tool box

there is a zillion and 3 different kinds of foam give or take a few and they can look the same but react different to cold, heat, oils, glues, paints ect ect especially around a tool box.....

true story:  I was gluing a piece of foam with spray glue to cover a bench.....the foam was 1- 1/2" thick used it 100 times before but the glue was a new can .......long story short the foam started to bubble and melt right in front of my eyes.........wrong glue.........grabbed a different type of spray glue and foam .....all was fine.....

ya makes sence with the different foam types....I just want something where I can put my tool in it....like a inlay for the box and that my for example drill fits snug in it

That's what I want I just don't want to pay crazy prices for it :) I don't know what foam the tool companies use for their foam inserts. Like in lboxxes and others

That's what I want I just don't want to pay crazy prices for it :) I don't know what foam the tool companies use for their foam inserts. Like in lboxxes and others

the worst part is you buy a piece of form the you cut a 3rd or more out. This piece cost $15

tbmt_zps4d301346.jpg

You like the M18 Multi tool so far Regiopit? That's why I'm debating even getting foam. I just like how everything sits though when you use it. I do like how organized it looks. Your also screwed if you want to change things. Man you have a lot of Milwaukee gear now Regiopit

You like the M18 Multi tool so far Regiopit? That's why I'm debating even getting foam. I just like how everything sits though when you use it. I do like how organized it looks. Your also screwed if you want to change things. Man you have a lot of Milwaukee gear now Regiopit

Yea I have a lot of red. I was really surprised by the Multi tool I have gotten some good run times with a 4.0 battery I'm very happy with it.   I have made my mind up to just have one battery platform. I have been very happy with all of the Milwaukee tools I have gotten I still have some DeWalt tools that I like but Milwaukee will be my got to. 

That Dewalt cordless framing nailer is really nice. I like that Milwaukee has most of the tools I want covered but it sucks I don't see Milwaukee releasing a nailer anytime soon. Milwaukee is marketed towards the trades. i heard some bad things about the M18 multi glad that it was bs.

• 2 weeks later...

the sander sits in kaizen that i shaped to support it

post-49019-0-79059600-1426482221_thumb.j

router bit case, has gotten much fuller since this pic but it works well, i have recently ditched the bosch guides to make room for more bits, i dont use the silver bosch bushings anymore because my bosch stays in a table now...  i still keep the brass bushings in there

post-49019-0-28718600-1426482221_thumb.j

i have actually ditched this setup entirely since i got the carvex but it worked well when i used it

post-49019-0-81027600-1426482220_thumb.j

Festool LR32 set and related bits.. i didnt buy the whole kit with systainer from festool, just the parts i knew i would use.  i have added some of my own edge guides to this case now

post-49019-0-27395000-1426482220_thumb.j

festool HL850 planer and accessoriies, the stock insert didnt fit well with the angle fence and extra cutter head i have so i made my own. 

post-49019-0-82803600-1426482219_thumb.j

i have a few more cases that i really need to do but have been uptting off for a while.   it definetly takes a little bit of time and thought to plan everything and cut it out nicely but its worth it in the end i think. 

• Like 1