Tool Predictions - 2015

Samuel L.

Regopit, I too would love to get my hands on that!! I have already emailed Milwaukee about brining it over. I suggest everyone who would like to see it doe the same!!

I just sent it through their "contact" tab on their website, I think I selected "product inquiry" as question route.

I'm all for festool and everything but I really cant wrap my head around being stuck with Centrotec bits.. and to be honest I don't think they have the nicest most innovative drills anyway.. but, the eccentric chuck is hands down sick!!

I love my festools but that is my one gripe. Their tools are so proprietary even their 5 and 6 inch sanders. Aftermarket disk do not work the hole pattern won't line up. 

I'd like to see cordless routers.......

i suppose if cordless circular saws can be almost as powerful as electric, then routers might not be far away. crazy idea though. would definitely only be 1/4" routers, probably trimmers only.

And my personal Makita Wishlist:

18 Volt LXT Brushless Reciprocating Saw      -  I'm pretty sure that one is coming

18 Volt LXT High Torque Impact wrench   -  I'm pretty sure that one is coming

6.0 Amp batteries with fuel gauge      -    Not too sure.  5.0 amp just came in.

18 Volt LXT Worksite Radio with Build in Fast charger and Bluetooth      -    About time they made that 

Brushless 18 Volt Hedge trimmer. More powerfull model and longer runtime.     -    Current model is fine for DIY but nothing too serious.

Full Brushles Mega kits !  DHP481,  DTD148, DHS680, DJV181, DGA504 and  and BL Recipocating saw. All in hard cases.  4   5.0 amp batteries and the dual port fast charger.     Gonna sell me alot of those !

New Brushless 18V Mitre Saw.

I think that's about it =)

1. I've been making this prediction for 2 or 3 years to complete disappointment, but I'm saying Makita will have a big year and release at least 3 tools everyone will be talking about.

2. Dewalt will significantly expand their hand tool line.

3. We'll see at least 2 cordless tools that we never thought we'd see without a cord

• Like 1

But not a cordless rivet gun.

I've just about given up on that dream. I've hoped, dreamed, emailed manufacturers, etc., etc., etc., to no avail.

I'm convinced we'll see cordless lathes, milling machines, and Tig welders, before we see a damn rivet gun from Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, or Bosch.

It's not like it's such a unique concept. The mechanism couldn't be too much different than the press tools

I've just about given up on that dream. I've hoped, dreamed, emailed manufacturers, etc., etc., etc., to no avail.

I'm convinced we'll see cordless lathes, milling machines, and Tig welders, before we see a damn rivet gun from Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, or Bosch.

It's not like it's such a unique concept. The mechanism couldn't be too much different than the press tools

I think it might be due to the fact that no one will buy a slow rivet gun they are required to be quick that is why air powered ones have a 2-3.5 inch piston being pushed with 80-100 pounds per square inch of pressure, that is a lot of force applied in very Little. 

I think it might be due to the fact that no one will buy a slow rivet gun they are required to be quick that is why air powered ones have a 2-3.5 inch piston being pushed with 80-100 pounds per square inch of pressure, that is a lot of force applied in very Little.

They're bound to be a little slower than air, but the same could be said of nailers. Look how popular those are getting.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna predict that Carlyle will gain a lot of popularity both here and at other forums on the net.

The brand is only 2 years old, but they have some nice items in their line. I have at least 3 Carlyle reviews lined up, maybe more.

Atleast in my area it might be iffy we don't really have a huge Napa auto parts presents here. Auto Zone, and O'rilley are the big companies in the Detroit area with some local guys and some minor presnts from other nation wide chains. we only have like 3 Napa stores an none are that close to me. I can still order on the internet too so it not as bad as it looks. I just would like to see the items before I buy.

• Like 1