Dremmel 8200 or Milwaukee M12 Rotary tool

rrwalker

Hey guys, 

I am in the market for a rotary tool and I cannot seem to find any opinions or comparisons between these. I am just trying to flesh out my tool kit a bit and I could see one of these coming in handy many, many times. If anyone can throw a good opinion my way as to which might be better (or if better for certain things, why they excel in those areas) I would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!

well truth be told I'm a fan of both companies, dremel has been leading the rotary tool business for many years with their different types of tools, however Milwaukee can't be dismissed as they too make a great rotary tool........if you have the M12 battery platform already that might make a decision a bit easier then agian dremel tools are quite a bit smaller in general. I have both corded and cordless dremels along with Milwaukee......

The Milwaukee isn't a bad deal at 59 dollars you get a charger and battery at that price. I will say its kinda big in heavy if your planning on doing and delicate work. Plus like everyone mentioned before there are really no accessories to the tool compared to a Dremmel.

I've had the Milwaukee since it came out. It's a great tool and had more power than any of the cordless Dremel's I've used.

It is a bit long and portly though. Probably not the best choice for carving or engraving. Great for cut off and sanding work though.

• Like 1

I have the corded Dremel at home with nearly every attachment they make and I like it a lot but I'm going to add an M12 rotary to my work tools. Being cordless goes a long way with me, plus as conductor said, it's got more power than any of the other cordless offerings.

I had the cordless, actually still have it, Dremel for over 12 years. It's a great little tool and Dremel really is the original. I now have the M12 cordless and absolutely love it. Good run time, powerful, easy to control. I'd still like the heavy duty corded version of the Dremel but haven't been so interested that I'm shelling out cash for it.

I've had a few dremels for the past 6 years or so. My first one burnt up after a month or so. My current one is the 8000 series i believe. It seems better built as far as being able to replace brushes and such but I'm still a little scared of the durability so I dont push it too hard. Plus my cord is like 6 ft or something like that. Id like a 10 ft cord. Or I could go cordless but I'm not hip enough for that yet.