dewalt 40v concrete wet saw

Jason Snyder

Does anyone else assume that 40V MAX is just 36V updated with higher Ah cells and an updated case?

In the 18V update to 20V Max, the 20V Max updated from a pod style to slide batteries. 40V Max doesn't seem to be much of an update at all....

DC9360_1_500X500.jpg

DCB406_1_500X500.jpg

• Like 1

Its probably 36v nominal like all of the 40v tools. This whole max voltage bs kinda sucks I bet it will be marketed differently in other markets with the nominal voltage not the max. It would be nice if they offered some other tools besides outdoor power equipment on this battery platform.

Does anyone else assume that 40V MAX is just 36V updated with higher Ah cells and an updated case?

In the 18V update to 20V Max, the 20V Max updated from a pod style to slide batteries. 40V Max doesn't seem to be much of an update at all....

DC9360_1_500X500.jpg

DCB406_1_500X500.jpg

Yeah, I bet 40V Max is just 36V, just like 20V Max is in reality 18V. Think it's just to make a distinct difference between the 36V powertool line and the 36V outdoor power equipment. 

I'd wish they just deleted the old 36V line and went with the new one for both OPE and powertools, but seeing they released new batteries and a rotary hammer in the 36V line not too long ago, the current line isn't going anywhere....

The 40V batteries are looking good.

You never know it would be better for Dewalt to move on and support more tools with this new platform. In reality how many 36v construction tools do you need now? The two big ones I can think of off hand are SDS rotohammers circular saw's and recip saws a cordless track saw

wouldn't be bad either. The only problem was their first one was a huge flop for Dewalt I don't think drills or impact wrenches would benefit as much with extra weight. That's just my thoughts on high voltage tools.

i think they should have just updated the 36v battery with gauges, cells etc, but kept the connection the same. that way the 36V users could benefit from these awesome new batteries, and garden users could make use of the 36V power tool line...