M28 Fuel line

itchyspanner

Now Milwaukee are releasing the M28 CHPX-502c FUEL sds Hammer Drill and 5ah m28 batts I may change my mind on dumping the m28 line.

I hope they bring out a few more 'm28 fuel tools. Imagine the m18 fuel cir saw and hole hawg converted to 28v with a 5ah m28 batt. Run times should be very good.

I have a number of V/ m28 tools that I was going to dump but I'm not sure I will now.

I think the fuel sds is a good idea. The 18v version will suffer short run times with the power it kicks out, a 28v version with a 5ah batt should give a vast improvement in run time.

Milwaukee now has a tool to go against the bosch 36v sds which almost every tradesman in the uk has in his locker.

A m28 fuel cir saw could close the gap to the makita 36v saw

I guess it depends on the profit potential and the need to match the offerings from other brands to keep customers with the brand.

Its in the current downloadable milwaukee heavy duty promo on the milwaukee uk website so I would think it's quite real.

Well let me take my foot out of my mouth and thank you for the info. I was just earlier this week saying M28 was dead, but that I hoped they would release Fuel versions for the tradesmen that need them.

Milwaukee should have done a new 36v line. I don't think there are too many M28 users left. There wouldn't have been a whole lot of anger about a new battery platform. If anything Milwaukee could have done a tradeup program I can't imagine they sold a crazy amount of V28 or m28 tools.

When Milwaukee when from the V18 to the M18 line that pissed some people off. I would have been angry too and TTI/Milwaukee should have had a similar program then. That's one nice thing I don't think we will see any big battery platform changes for awhile. Now that everyone at least with 18v tools have moved to slide packs. The slide pack verses stem is debatable on 12v tools. With slide packs you get a slimmer grip and a tool that stands up. With a compact 12v stem pack you end up with a very compact tool which is the most important thing with 12v tools.

I bought a v28 combo when they first came out. The batteries have been long dead and I have replaced my v28's for newer m18's but this may be time for a revival!

Yea, I heard that was a problem with early Milwaukee lithium ion packs. They didn't have long lives.

• 2 weeks later...