new jobsite table saw - GTS1041A

madman_us

I am a bit surprised at the price point. I know they have a ton of R&D to pay for but it would seem you would want to beat the SawStop out of the gate...but I guess it is just MSRP so it could sell for lower.

Yeah.. it will probably sell for less... Right out of the gate I'm sure dealers will try to get full price from all the people who would buy it regardless of price and then when sales slow the discounts will start. I would be surprised if it's selling for more than 1200 after a while on the market... at least I'm hopeful!

i got a real look at the saw today and it seems very nice..   largely based on the bosch 4100..     it is around 78lbs saw only and i think the guy said around 130lbs with the stand.    the internals do seem quite beefy so im sure it it will hold up quite well to a discharge. 

in the video you will notice that the saw actually misfires the first time he goes to make a cut   it fired when it hit the wood and not the hot dog.. maybe it was wet from the hot dog or something..   he seemed a little thrown off and surprised about it so it probably hadn't happened to him before.  also these are obviously pre production models with the planned fall release so im sure they have some kinks to iron out

he fire it up a second time and it works excellent.    its amazing how fast you can change the cartridge and get back to work

enjoy guys

• Like 1

I can't see that guy going for that price too long but I bet the price point won't drop too too much. Nice that it doesn't blast the mechanism allowing you to quickly use the saw again after you feed your hand into the blade. You know.....AFTER YOU TAKE A HUGE DUMP IN YOUR WORK PANTS!!!

I can't see that guy going for that price too long but I bet the price point won't drop too too much. Nice that it doesn't blast the mechanism allowing you to quickly use the saw again after you feed your hand into the blade. You know.....AFTER YOU TAKE A HUGE DUMP IN YOUR WORK PANTS!!!

i would prefer to take a dump in my own pants instead of splattering blood all over the shop and then passing out :D