just got the new M18 compact brushless combo

James Duncan

Mailman just dropped them off :) only drilled and drove a few things but so far they are AMAZING! the impact driver literally split a 4x4 with a 4 in wood screw :) the drill makes 1/2 holes like butter i cant even push pull the drill to make the holes fast enough ... like 30 holes in 30 seconds.. its crazy!! and all with the batteries on 2 of 4 lights (out of box)  its the 2701-20 brushless compact drill (500in/lbs)and the 2750-20 brushless impact driver (1500lbs)  and the combo is the 2798-22 CT its not even in stores yet! got mine on pre order from home depot20150320_133420_zpsbi8f37tg.jpg20150320_151647_zpsorsw9kuf.jpg

More power with less "intelligence" between battery, charger and tool, and less convenience, ie power settings for impact and separate mode select collar for drills. That looks to be it. I think you made the right choice toolcop. I'm really tempted by this set but I definitely don't need a third impact driver and drill.

nice kit but not even in the same class, impact comes in 1/8" of an inch shorter but 100 in-lbs less as does the drill at less than an inch shorter 225 less in-lbs less compared to the 2797-22 kit......unless I'm missing something here....

nice kit but not even in the same class, impact comes in 1/8" of an inch shorter but 100 in-lbs less as does the drill at less than an inch shorter 225 less in-lbs less compared to the 2797-22 kit......unless I'm missing something here....

they are not supposed to be in the same class as the m18 fuel series (Milwaukees best) they are to run against the dewalt xr 20v max series the dc790 and dcf886 i believe as competition for the "compact" market

Hopefully what I'm seeing is an early adopter tax and these have excellent sales come Father's Day because my usual store is selling them only 20-30 bucks difference (Canadian) between these and the Fuel version depending on which kit you go for. Bare tools are priced identically. I would pay the small increase in price every time, especially for the impact.

yep, the brushed versions of these are awesome, and amazing value. the FUEL impact driver is only just ahead of this two-speed.

pity about the chuck. The brushed version we reviewed has one of the bets (and tightest) chucks I've ever seen.

i returned them and at the moment im gonna hold on to the money ..im considering just getting a 2653-22ct m18 brushless fuel 3 spd impact 05f362c2-abb6-4b5c-8ebf-e2e4d7eed1c9_400

Do it! This is my favorite power tool (the 2653). I do own and enjoy the 2701-20 but I bought it as a bare tool for $109 from CPO. You could always add that on later if you find you need it. But the 2653 is a beast.