My Roll away and tool wall in garage

Fazzman

20150521_130900.jpg

20150521_130957.jpg

20150521_131119.jpg

20150521_131138.jpg

The white shelf by the garage door is where i stash tool kits like my holesaws,larger corded drills,impact socket kits,3/4 inch drive socket sets etc, also all my things like WD40 and other various cans of spray stuffs or misc items like hardware or electrical or plumbing items.

Still need to build a workbench and get a jawhorse,but have most everything I need around the house.

I'm a machinist so alot of micrometers and precision tools in my roll away and with all my mechanical and electrical stuff for assembly purposes and such.

My garage is still a work in progress,alot of my wifes stuff still in there. I totally need to build a shed.

• Like 5

The hooks on the tracks are Gladiator garage works. The ones that my rakes are on you can get at home depot.

The gladiator stuff can be pricey to start but I usually wait for a sale. I think ive gotten most of mine from Amazon. With Prime shipping on most of the stuff,its not a bad way to go. Im a bit compulsive when it comes to being organized.

They make alot of other pricey garage stuff too but the rails can be put nearly anywhere and they can hold alot. I plan on getting some more rails and some if the wire baskets to hold my kids bike helmets and other bulky stuff.

Both Home depot and Lowes have their own brand stuff that is similar to the gladiator stuff but the hooks dont seem as good to me.

Tornado hooks are nice and can mount right on drywall. My kids hang their razer scooters on those.

They are Kennedy. Also made in the USA, the brown krinkle finish is signature to their lines from the old school days,althou depending on series they have other colors nowadays.

The lower box is a kennedy 315xb part of their maintenance box series,Middle is a 305XB, Top box is a Kennedy 506 machinists chest.

Both the 315 and 305 have ball bearing slides. Thanks Eric for taking notice ;) You guys are awesome.

• 6 months later...

like those calipers and depth gauges....do you have inside bores too......had both from 0-1" to 12" in/out....

did a lot of hydraulic work back in the day......especially when I was in the chrome shop, grinding spools to honing barrels and making pistons and rebuilding pumps, manifolds, track adjusters you name it....

• Like 1

Yeah Starrett stuff isnt anywhere as good as it used to be for some things. I love them for certain things like scales,pitch gages,edge finders,snap gages,etc  I do have a Starrett 0-6" blade style depth mic. All my indicators are Brown and Sharpe,and nearly every mic is Mitutoyo.