20V cordless tools I'm waiting for

Mattias Blomqvist

After the Dewalt media event 2015 I feel a bit dissapointed with what they showed. Milwaukee had some more interesting tools at their event IMO.

Everybody has said that 2015 is the year for Dewalt to shine, but so far I'm not that impressed.

What I'm hoping for in the 20V cordless line at this moment is:

-Updated jigsaw with barrel grip (maybe brushless, but that will increase the price tag of course)

-Brushless, more powerful circular saw

-Brushless angle grinder

-Brushless compact impact wrench. Take the technology from the new DCF899 and smash it in the form factor of the DCF880

These new tools will keep me on the yellow path and not mix in to team red. Not that I would mind those tools from Milwaukee but I intend to stick to one 18V/20V platform

• Like 2

Having only just got into dewalt the past few months, I've been slowly picking up what tools they have gone brushless with, so far I've the,

Multi tool

Framing nailer

Combi drill

Impact driver.

Like you I would also like to see a new jigsaw with barrel handle and brushless grinder. I've still got the sds dch274 to save for in the meantime then hopefully the 16g nailer comes along. But seen other companies with there brushless versions of tools you need is quiet tempting to make you wanna mix colours, hopefully like me you have corded versions to keep you tied over till dewalt catch up

Having only just got into dewalt the past few months, I've been slowly picking up what tools they have gone brushless with, so far I've the,

Multi tool

Framing nailer

Combi drill

Impact driver.

Like you I would also like to see a new jigsaw with barrel handle and brushless grinder. I've still got the sds dch274 to save for in the meantime then hopefully the 16g nailer comes along. But seen other companies with there brushless versions of tools you need is quiet tempting to make you wanna mix colours, hopefully like me you have corded versions to keep you tied over till dewalt catch up

So far I've got the multi tool DCS335, drill/driver DCD990, impact driver DCF895 and the recip saw DCS387 in the cordless range. Must say I love all of them and waiting for a reason to need the DCF620 screwgun and hopefully the upcoming cordless brad nailer, haven't seen a glitch of that yet but I am pretty sure it will come out since they now released the cordless finish nailer.

After the Dewalt media event 2015 I feel a bit dissapointed with what they showed. Milwaukee had some more interesting tools at their event IMO.

Everybody has said that 2015 is the year for Dewalt to shine, but so far I'm not that impressed.

-Updated jigsaw with barrel grip (maybe brushless, but that will increase the price tag of course)

-Brushless angle grinder

-Brushless compact impact wrench. Take the technology from the new DCF899 and smash it in the form factor of the DCF880

These new tools will keep me on the yellow path and not mix in to team red. Not that I would mind those tools from Milwaukee but I intend to stick to one 18V/20V platform

AGREE!! I love My Dewalt Tools but I was hoping for a brushless circular saw and brushless angle grinder and brushless sawzall :}

• Like 2

So far I've got the multi tool DCS335, drill/driver DCD990, impact driver DCF895 and the recip saw DCS387 in the cordless range. Must say I love all of them and waiting for a reason to need the DCF620 screwgun and hopefully the upcoming cordless brad nailer, haven't seen a glitch of that yet but I am pretty sure it will come out since they now released the cordless finish nailer.

Ive only just realised there's dcd990 and dcd995, are both these pretty similar. How do you find the recip, are the vibrations as bad as I've been reading.

Ive only just realised there's dcd990 and dcd995, are both these pretty similar. How do you find the recip, are the vibrations as bad as I've been reading.

That's right. The only difference on those tools is that DCD995 has hammer mode, which I don't use and don't want to pay extra money for.

I really like the saw thou I haven't had the pleasure to use it for full work days and don't have much to compare it to. It's not the fastest saw by any means and might have more vibrations than other top models out there, but the compact size makes up for that IMO.

If you're looking for a compact cordless one for smaller jobs, I say go for it!

I keep looking for a 20v random orbital sander also.

Trim guy I agree be nice to see someone put out a good 18 or 20 sander they do come in handy had the ryobi but the quality isn't there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've come to understand that many would want a cordless orbital sander and I can understand that (who doesn't want everything cordless nowadays :P) I don't use sanders that much so that's why it's not on my list.

Keep on filling the list with tools that you would want guys. And perhaps some of the Dewalt reps here at the forum can keep our hopes up.

Maybe a little random for most folks, but I'm pulling for a cordless power planer. Now hear me out. The only time I see a need for a powered hand plane is when the stock is too large to fit in a stationary planer and when you're hogging off too much material to use a manual hand plane. That means beams and timbers, which for me means timber framing. Squaring timbers happens commonly happens on-site without a power source available. So a cordless power planer would be good times.

• 3 weeks later...

im with you on the more power circ saw

-Brushless angle grinder

I think a (brushless?!) 7-1/4" cordless circular saw is in the works.... 

Drat, I was hoping for this year. The most current model isn't bad though, just wish it had more torque to keep the blade at speed. My biggest issue is it loses a very considerable amount of RPM with the slightest resistance making the cut less clean and slower to perform.