Home Depot you Light up my Life.....

comp56

so heard about a sweet deal on Cree LED light bulbs 9.5w/60W on sale at home depot for $7.10 right now Ontario gov has a $5 off LED coupon so getting Cree LED bulbs for $2.10 each that is crazy.......picked up 16 of them......woot!

instead of $19.95 ea 

http://www.amazon.ca/9-Watt-Daylight-5000K-Dimmable-1-Pack/dp/B00BXFP0SS/ref=pd_sim_201_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=02S6Z717CS43ZNNM59Z3

20150629_200059.jpg

20150629_182423.jpg

• Like 2

That's a great deal man. I haven't used any of the Cree bulbs. What are your thoughts? Would you still go with them at full price? I have been changing out my bulbs when they go out with led's. I have always seen the Cree bulbs but never tried them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I would pay full price for them and it's not because of quality it's cause I'm cheap....my son has a cree flash light and loves it.....I know they are always more money than the rest so when I heard about this deal it was a no brainer....

That is an epic deal, I've been slowly changing all of my lights over to LED bulbs. I have yet to change out every fixture but all the ones that run regularly are swapped. Whenever I put in a new light fixture I always put in an LED.

I just checked, the spirally ones are called CFL bulbs. LED bulbs, the one that you scored the deal on, are far better than the CFL bulbs

oh sorry ya no they are actual glass bulbs with cree LED inside .....

At work i convinced the boss man to go almost all LED.  Got like 800$ worth of those bad boys.  60W dim-able I believe.  Only issue we've had so far is that on a few of our dimmer the lights flicker at certain levels. That might be due to aging dimmer switches though.

I know it is to early to tell but I have installed 14 of the 16 I got and so far so good.......damn I have a lot of light sockets in this house about 12 or 13 per floor........that's it hunny we're sellin and buyin a boler trailer....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, My power company is STILL all about the crappy CFL bulbs, free bulbs, coupons etc.

Swapped out nearly all my light to LEDs from Costco. Energy consumption is down drastically.

So rad.

Do you have quite a few lights? Looking at the consumption rates I couldn't tell how long it would be before you could see a noticeable decrease in cost.

Do you have quite a few lights? Looking at the consumption rates I couldn't tell how long it would be before you could see a noticeable decrease in cost.

Rought estimate, I've swapped out 45 bulbs thus far...probably another 12 or so to go.

Can't guage the differential in cost, just the "energy consumption" graph/numbers showing year-to-year-month-to-month consumption.

in our city we have smart meters, different rates for different time of the day.....as far as I see a money grab they had to come up with because so many people are trying ways to save on utilities......so in saying that you make toast at the wrong time of day and there goes all your savings....