Just Won A 5 Tool Gen-5X Kit

Doof

I just won a 5 Piece Ridgid Gen-5 cordless tool kit.

This: http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-5-Piece-R9652/205883898

Now, I don't know what to think. I am beside myself with glee for the win, yet with my wife beside me, I can't help but wonder how I will convince her that I need more M18 Fuel tools.

• Like 1

This: http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-5-Piece-R9652/205883898

Now, I don't know what to think. I am beside myself with glee for the win, yet with my wife beside me, I can't help but wonder how I will convince her that I need more M18 Fuel tools.

Congratulations!!! Was it an online giveaway?

This: http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-GEN5X-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Combo-Kit-5-Piece-R9652/205883898

You sell the 5 piece kit and use the money to buy the.m18 fuel

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm pretty stoked. It was an online giveaway on homefixated. I just registered while keeping up with their Milwaukee New Tool Symposium coverage. Just a chance thing. Pretty awesome. Only thing I've ever won. All of the tools are redundant (except the recip), so I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Ideas?

I have had my eye on the Fuel Sawzall. Hmmm....

I can tell you this about the LSA. My father in-law burnt up a Ridgid drill and it took 5 months to get it back.

There is also a YouTube video of a borderline retarded fellow who got so pissed off at the LSA that he made a video of himself destroying it with a sledgehammer

Exactly Madman and the Ridgid stuff is awesome. They make some really great tools and coming from experience the LSA is awesome if you register those tools. I had battery problems with my early and first Ridgid 18v tool but Ridgid did ,e good and got me better batteries. I think TTI makes good power tools and winning that next gen Ridgid set is a real blessing! Comes with everything you need Doof!

You definitely can't beat free It looks to be an awesome set, for sure! I'm still beside myself. The light integration in the drill chuck looks awesome. The 7-1/4 in. saw looks pretty nice too. The three speed on the impact is crucial too, not to mention 2000 in/lbs of torque. All in all, a really sexy set.

So, talked to the wife and decided that I'll weight the Pros and Cons of keeping the set though it is completely redundant with my new Fuel tools (minus the reciprocating saw). If it doesn't make sense to keep, other than to have a free kit and a 'back-up set,' I'll either give it away as a gift to a friend or family member, or sell it for much less than retail to pass a kind of gift on to another person (maybe like 299 or something) and offset my original M18 Fuel purchases. It's feels strange to say that its a pity this didn't happen a few months ago before I bought into the M18 line. Still, I'll take it as a blessing and a sign to keep on keepin' on.

Don't do that for God sake!!!! That's why prices keep going up on stuff! Sell it on EBay or here but don't false return! They end up losing out the cash plus if they catch you doing it they could charge with theft by deception and that would suck big time! I'm sure you could sell it for a a couple of hundred or give it to a family member!