Vent yourself here: Jobs

Kenny Creeden

The only thing I have to vent about is the people, which is something to vent about no matter where you work. Idiots abound, and duct tape won't fix stupid. The boss frowns upon choking the ever-lovin' shit out of people too, so that's not an option...

• Like 6

I was laid off. Really I was fired. I did 2 stupid things.

1)questioned the company integrity when I discovered we fudged numbers and charged for material we never installed

2)while offloading large & heavy eqp from the back of a semi, I was operating the fork-truck. I had asked everyone to move back for safety. My boss cussed at me and refused. I stood my ground and turned the truck off. Later I was told by the owner (bosses wife) the company didn't fall under OSHA rules.

They fired me but called it a layoff. They handed me a check and told me not to go back to site to retrieve my tools. Well, they put a stop payment on the check before I got home and have not returned my tools. They ignore my phone calls and emails.

While working in the tornado project they did the same thing to a vendor. Decided not to pay him and pretended he never worked with the company.

• Like 1

1)questioned the company integrity when I discovered we fudged numbers and charged for material we never installed

2)while offloading large & heavy eqp from the back of a semi, I was operating the fork-truck. I had asked everyone to move back for safety. My boss cussed at me and refused. I stood my ground and turned the truck off. Later I was told by the owner (bosses wife) the company didn't fall under OSHA rules.

They fired me but called it a layoff. They handed me a check and told me not to go back to site to retrieve my tools. Well, they put a stop payment on the check before I got home and have not returned my tools. They ignore my phone calls and emails.

While working in the tornado project they did the same thing to a vendor. Decided not to pay him and pretended he never worked with the company.

Whoa.

Is Non-OSHA even a thing?!

The only thing I have to vent about is the people, which is something to vent about no matter where you work. Idiots abound, and duct tape won't fix stupid. The boss frowns upon choking the ever-lovin' shit out of people too, so that's not an option...

Hey Kato didn't come out for a Ryobi comment :) How have you been doing haven't seen you around as much.

You need to get a employment lawyer involved they did a whole bunch of things that broke the law. That sucks EEw i knew you were really excited to work for that company originally.

Hey Kato didn't come out for a Ryobi comment :) How have you been doing haven't seen you around as much.

Too busy being busy. Playing with my new drill press, processing photos from the Fourth and from the local zoo. Working...the usual. Ryobi...what's that?? Is that some kind of Japanese monster, like Godzilla?? I'm gonna go Google Ryobi and see what it is...

0096.gif

• Like 1

Ugh, horrible day today. I was continuing a hit and run case (and don't worry, the victim lived), and my validator, which is the guy that check over my work, blew his cap today. So we had disagreed on whether the tire tracks were from the suspect trying to slam the breaks, or him trying to speed off. He starting going furious, he even knocked over a dang set of papers on my desk. I really hope he gets fired soon, he really has a short temper. 

Yea i'm not really a detective, I do mostly the medical sides of cases, but since the victim was injured by the car, we needed to know how forceful the impact was. And this usually does not happen at the place I work in, the guy I was working with was a well known hothead at my workplace.

I can't complain much about my job per say, but my employer has a bit of a reputation for hiring shotty outside contractors again and again for renovation projects.

We are replacing heaters in this building and they hired a flooring contractor to patch where the old heaters were, as the new heaters are a different size and do not touch the floor. This is an example of this contractors handy work. . .

c96557451d15ee5f12a86b1b01c0ce01.jpg

I'm not sure if these guys are trying to do a shitty job or if they are just stupid. One thing i do know is the only tool they brought to the job is glue! And they used tons of it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I can't complain much about my job per say, but my employer has a bit of a reputation for hiring shotty outside contractors again and again for renovation projects.

We are replacing heaters in this building and they hired a flooring contractor to patch where the old heaters were, as the new heaters are a different size and do not touch the floor. This is an example of this contractors handy work. . .

c96557451d15ee5f12a86b1b01c0ce01.jpg

I'm not sure if these guys are trying to do a shitty job or if they are just stupid. One thing i do know is the only tool they brought to the job is glue! And they used tons of it.

That is one sub that would be ban from my site. That's awful!!!

That is one sub that would be ban from my site. That's awful!!!

The sad thing is they won't even mention anything about it. If it is the flooring company I think it is, they do all of our work here and probably subbed this job out or maybe just put temp workers on it. Regardless if it were me I would have the owner here rubbing his face in that shit work explaining to him how much of job I will not be paying for. But hey, that's just me

Hey guys Kyle great post. I'm on vacation this week but last week I'm working for the state dot and what a mess I always get inspectors that have no idea what they are looking at and constantly question my work and my crews work. Constantly wonder why my state has financial issues because of the lack of common sense or experience of their projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost out on a job promotion to a guy who had 32 days more seniority than me. Mind you, he is no where near as qualified for the job offered. Not even close.

That sucks man. I could maybe see if it was dead even (not that I always agree that seniority is a good tie breaker) bit if someone is head and shoulders above the rest then it should be a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The sad thing is they won't even mention anything about it. If it is the flooring company I think it is, they do all of our work here and probably subbed this job out or maybe just put temp workers on it. Regardless if it were me I would have the owner here rubbing his face in that shit work explaining to him how much of job I will not be paying for. But hey, that's just me

I have invited owners/salesmen to my jobs before. Explain to them what was expected of them and what I received. most of the time they are more than willing to correct the mistake and make sure it does not happen again. The majority of the contracts we have include liquidated damages. Everyone wants to get in, Rush the job and get out. You save more money in the long run slowing down and putting pride in your work. This way you get called back to the next bid meeting.

I have invited owners/salesmen to my jobs before. Explain to them what was expected of them and what I received. most of the time they are more than willing to correct the mistake and make sure it does not happen again. The majority of the contracts we have include liquidated damages. Everyone wants to get in, Rush the job and get out. You save more money in the long run slowing down and putting pride in your work. This way you get called back to the next bid meeting.

I can't believe how many contractors just expect to do rework as part of their bid. It's obvious some guys are all about money. I understand you are in the field to make money but man have a little pride and be eager to say yeah I did that job.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk