multiple speed impact driver

Dylan2077

All the different speed settings provide is different RPM rate but same torque rate(Milwaukee anyways)..so slow and delicate to fast and whatever happens happens haha..

it's nice too have the different speed settings..as stated before..jus depends on what your working with!!

This is good if you don't know how to feather the trigger. I've met a few individuals who just didn't understand and kept blaming the bits for stripping the screws..

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Exactly. If you can control the trigger properly then it really isn't necessary and you can usually work faster.. just that most people can't feather the trigger very well... my makita xdt09 has 3 speeds and a t-mode (mostly used for steel stud framing but pretty neat) I almost never take it out of speed 3..

it's not a bad feature to have but I wouldn't let it sway your buying decision a huge amount.

• Like 1

Exactly. If you can control the trigger properly then it really isn't necessary and you can usually work faster.. just that most people can't feather the trigger very well... my makita xdt09 has 3 speeds and a t-mode (mostly used for steel stud framing but pretty neat) I almost never take it out of speed 3..

it's not a bad feature to have but I wouldn't let it sway your buying decision a huge amount.

Same here I save a Makita td148dz it has 3 mode and a auto detect mode but the variable trigger is really all you need really. I keep it on mode 3.

I always thought it was unnecessary to have different speed settings for an impact driver then I discovered the FUEL Impact driver.  It pretty much allows you to cover a huge amount of tasks.  You can control those small screws used with cabinet hardware in one moment and then drive lags the next!  I used mine for drilling pocket holes and then the low speed for driving the pocket screw.  Put in a nutshell...Ultimate Precision.

• Like 1

I learned the hard way driving #10 screws into oak with my M18 Fuel impact driver - I hadn't quite pre-drilled a large enough hole and I snapped quite a few screws in half just on speed 2.  Luckily, I could still use the piece and put the screw holes on the side bolted to the brick wall, but it was a hands on lesson in how oak is not pine.