The Sign Shop

Nalu Rash

Damn NaluRash, your like a magician pulling rabbits out of your hat left and right. But with cool stuff of course☺. That is a cool set up, you may have to give Dan some tips on PERISCOPE.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Or you just do a periscope video!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Pretty cool @NaluRash is this where you work?

Thank you ChrisK! By the way, I just watched your Bosch Drill video. Nice work

Yes this is where I work. I started working here during High School as a summer job. Started out as a shop boy, cleaning up all the tools. Worked my way into silkscreening, then into the spray booth, next into fabrication/installation. Decided that I wanted to work on computers, so I then entered the Graphic Design department and now I'm Project Manager. It's nice working from the very bottom, sweeping floors and now I'm making sure Projects get done in a timely fashion.

the router table is huge. great shop nalu

Thanks Madman! It's a real workhorse, we have had now for over 9 years. I ran it for the first 3 years we had it. All those holes you see on the table are for the vacuum that holds materials down. No need to clamp things into place, the suction is super hard

Oh I could get in so much trouble with that router table!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

You sure can! It works the best for making jigs and dimensional letters. For most straight cuts though, It's faster to use a table saw or a circular saw. I find myself using the cnc less and less everyday.

Love your shop Nalurash! Its stocked well with sign making machines, especially that big CNC machine you got there, and the lazer etcher, its like a nerds wet dream HAHA. I sure do hope you like my shop as well. We guys need a place for us to use tools, and to just be us. ;)

Thanks man! We have more cool tools in the shop that i need to take pictures of. I plan on your watching your shop videos on my lunch break today, but from what i've seen, I really like it. Looks like a great man cave, the perfect place to play with all your tools and let your imagine wonder.

Sweet shop!! What kind of signs do you fabricate? Do you install as well?

We fabricate Architectural Signage. We get sub-contracted by the GC's to handle the signage portion of new buildings that go up. So all the Building ID Signs, Room Numbers, Identification signs, stuff like that. I don't do much installations nowadays but they will send me out once in while when we have large projects.

Damn NaluRash, your like a magician pulling rabbits out of your hat left and right. But with cool stuff of course☺. That is a cool set up, you may have to give Dan some tips on PERISCOPE.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I've always learned the hard way by running into problems and making mistakes along the way. I think Dan is going through the same process with his X-Carve and he has already gained soo much knowledge about the process. I don't think I offer any advice that he already knows

• Like 1

Very cool, sign shops have a very particular aroma to them

Very true Justin! I can't put my finger on it, but your right, there is a very particular aroma. I think its a mixture of acrylic and laquer paints with a woodshop type smell

• Like 1

Very true Justin! I can't put my finger on it, but your right, there is a very particular aroma. I think its a mixture of acrylic and laquer paints with a woodshop type smell

It really hits you when you open the door to a sign place, you're probably use to it and don't even smell it anymore

Same thing with a tire shop, have you ever walked inside the store front of a local less shwab tire center? Holy shit, its like being slapped in the face by the petroleum companies.

You get slapped in the face again when you buy tires and they give you the invoice