Dewalt or Milwaukee

n8n82250

I have never seen a Festool with my own eyes. I'm willing to bet 95 percent of contractors in my area don't even know what a Festool is..lol

Festool is like sasquatch, several people have heard of it but very few ever see it! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I personally am a huge millwakee fan. I got a lot of m18 fuel some m12 fuel an a army of grinders, 2 portable bandsaws, chop saw, corded drills, sawzall, metal cutting circlular saw,

Nowadays most of my needs are metalworking. If I needed a jig saw, miter saw or router or even a cordless nailer dewalt would be my choice. Millwakee doesn't make the cordless nailers nor do they do tablesaws. I have used there jigsaws am wasn't impressed.

At the same time millwakee has a lot for electricians an plumbers that dewalt doesn't offer.

I agree with the other's that this is a loaded question. But at the same time, the question you are asking is like, which is better Apples or Oranges. They are both good, the choice weather you go with the Apple or Orange is based off of personal preference right. Same goes with Milwaukee and Dewalt. Now yes there are brands such as Festool that makes the best tools, but you want to know why most of us do not have Festool's? Its cause they are overpriced out the ass, and really, only people who are making like 30 dollars an hour or more can afford those tools. I aint paying 600 dollars for a drill, I don't give a hoot how good it is, if the price isn't right, I aint buying it.

Yeah....I don't agree with that comment.

On all parts.

Like everyone on this planet, an opinion is an opinion. Even if it is based on prejudice or ignorance.

I guess it's like saying a particular individual does not like a particular thing because that person does not know too much about it and does not have any understanding of the fundamental operating system but that particular person heard that it's really expensive and only snobs (like me) own them, so instead of trying an item out the person categorizes it as a frivolous item that only rich jerks buy. Whereas I have a friend who makes custom furniture and believes that the only acceptable power tool out there is blue and green. Plus....being born with natural good looks and a sense of humor (like me....for instance) and not an over abundant purse (check out my profile...I'm actually blue collar....not exactly rich) it is an unfair and overindulgent purchase.

But...when offering an opinion to a fellow TiA member, I like to answer more from an experience point of view as opposed to an off the hip point of view without contextual experience on the subject manner at hand.

I would offer this as a more well rounded opinion on the ownership of the Festool system. I have a TS55REQ, Kapex, OF1400, OF1010, DF500, PS420 and MFT/3 which operate in perfect harmony with an ideal DC unit and a system of tracks which create perfect, clean cuts, Dados, Rabbits, Mortises (these are things woodworkers find important) etc. in a shop which is quite small in size and each tool is fully mobile. I guess....if I'm going to drop coin on a power tool, I want to know it was made in a Democratic society, where employees are paid a decent wage, in decent working conditions, with top quality materials, that are going to last a life time, backed by an impeccable warranty service that you will probably never....ever....ever...need. And yeah....I don't mind spending money on it. I'm a realist.

Just my two cents based on factual experience.

• Like 1

Yeah....I don't agree with that comment.

On all parts.

Like everyone on this planet, an opinion is an opinion. Even if it is based on prejudice or ignorance.

I guess it's like saying a particular individual does not like a particular thing because that person does not know too much about it and does not have any understanding of the fundamental operating system but that particular person heard that it's really expensive and only snobs (like me) own them, so instead of trying an item out the person categorizes it as a frivolous item that only rich jerks buy. Whereas I have a friend who makes custom furniture and believes that the only acceptable power tool out there is blue and green. Plus....being born with natural good looks and a sense of humor (like me....for instance) and not an over abundant purse (check out my profile...I'm actually blue collar....not exactly rich) it is an unfair and overindulgent purchase.

But...when offering an opinion to a fellow TiA member, I like to answer more from an experience point of view as opposed to an off the hip point of view without contextual experience on the subject manner at hand.

I would offer this as a more well rounded opinion on the ownership of the Festool system. I have a TS55REQ, Kapex, OF1400, OF1010, DF500, PS420 and MFT/3 which operate in perfect harmony with an ideal DC unit and a system of tracks which create perfect, clean cuts, Dados, Rabbits, Mortises (these are things woodworkers find important) etc. in a shop which is quite small in size and each tool is fully mobile. I guess....if I'm going to drop coin on a power tool, I want to know it was made in a Democratic society, where employees are paid a decent wage, in decent working conditions, with top quality materials, that are going to last a life time, backed by an impeccable warranty service that you will probably never....ever....ever...need. And yeah....I don't mind spending money on it. I'm a realist.

Just my two cents based on factual experience.

Very well stated.

This could turn into a chicken vs egg scenario, I'm not sure you could ever come up with a definitive answer. For me personally I don't feel like there is a particular OVERALL brand that is better than the others so that's why I have tools from several different brands. Whatever my methodology may be I pick what I like best.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No prob.

kruton, couldn't agree more. It's the rainbow parade of power tools in my shop. Blue, Red, Green, Greener, Yellow. It's absolute chaos. And I'm OCD so I'm in a real pickle.

I've managed to stick to one line of 12v and one of 18 so far, but I hear you on the OCD. It drives me crazy pulling red tools out of black/yellow boxes but Dewalt was the best choice in storage for my needs (weathertight, indestructible, toss-it-in-the-box-and-forget-it style boxes), and that's where we agree further. The best system for tools or storage etc. all comes down to your personal needs, and everyone's are different. I believe in having the best tool for the job at hand, but if you're only sticking with one battery line, you have to look at what makes the most sense for the tasks you need to accomplish. With corded, as always, brand loyalty goes out the window.

I've only met one contractor in my years who has used Festool though, a German guy who did awesome work. I commented on the rarity of the green and grey and he told me "If you can buy it at Home Depot, it's shit". Definitely got a laugh out of me. You Kapex nuts are a rare breed around these parts haha.

• Like 1

Comp totally agree, if they get the job done they get it done, I only recently decided to only buy name brands suck as Milwaukee and DeWalt as I want to know they will be supported years to come as batteries die I want to make sure I can still get them so I don't have expensive paper weights which I have some old craftsman that are just that

It's not the brand of tool that matters but how you use it!

love it!

i get the joke, but you know it's really true. my first power tool set was a black & decker that i now know is clearly behind the pack in capability, but the fact is that it got everything done that i ever needed of it. in fact i still use the 18v circular saw and it serves me just fine because i'm only making a handful of cuts at any given time. the majority of people just don't need big name capability like dewalt or milwaukee offer.