What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

8 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

So we're doing a built to order log home.

So the timber guys cut in the box locations to size for metal gangable boxes, and run the wiring on all the exterior walls, as they build the structure. In our area it is highly frowned upon to use metal gangable boxes in any form of resi. 4" square boxes with mud rings are allowed, but in the case of timber homes exterior walls there's no wallboard to create a proper finish around a mud ring.
Don't get me wrong I'm glad that they cut them, I would have had to be there every day of framing just to do what they were already paid for in the cost of the home(regardless of how little I liked the result), but they were barely square, and full of inconsistencies. And it's hard to pull the wiring back through some spots to hone out the holes to the correct size. This guy couldn't even stay on his mark!
Still have a few to go tomorrow. The wiring they left coiled in the ceiling from the box locations weren't labeled either, so I had to spend half of yesterday just identifying cables!

This evening I got to replace the battery in my old Transit-250. The guys who swapped into it only got a few days before the battery died on them. Got to is a strong choice of words...
Didn't get pics of the new battery going in. But because of my particular van's battery setup(single battery) I had to remove a plastic "stop block" that aides in keeping the battery from shifting in the compartment. After that comes out and you get the - clamp loose, you rotate the battery 90 degrees to remove the + cable. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but still not as easy as removing a battery in an engine bay. Granted I've never swapped a battery that's located under the drivers seat before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone just did not care, let the electrician figure it out..

My Transit has two batteries under the seat, the Sprinter had the battery under my feet go figure.

It does keep the weather off the battery and corrosion down but to swap them out takes more work. I too, used my M12 ratchet to work on the battery ha

• Like 2

My Transit has two batteries under the seat, the Sprinter had the battery under my feet go figure.

It does keep the weather off the battery and corrosion down but to swap them out takes more work. I too, used my M12 ratchet to work on the battery ha

I did the same! M12 ratchet to the rescue!. I even used it to assemble my ladder rack last Friday.

• Like 1

I did the same! M12 ratchet to the rescue!. I even used it to assemble my ladder rack last Friday.

Really wish DEWALT had one ..[emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember seeing it in your van thread, but does your Transit have the diesel, or is the dual battery setup due to the fact that yours had that rearward air conditioning system?

6 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I don't remember seeing it in your van thread, but does your Transit have the diesel, or is the dual battery setup due to the fact that yours had that rearward air conditioning system?

I would assume it's because the rear a/c and heat. It's gasoline

• Like 1

Finally got my $35 Lowes special box together with the casters, then put my $25 Craftsman on top of it LOL

Don't do much of any mechanical work, so this will be just fine, glad I got rid of my $4k snapon box when i did, I wont be upset when this starts collecting dust haha

IMG_20170122_152426064

• Like 2