What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

Some kind of composite/Masonite type of stuff my wife gets form work. I use it for tons of different things. Takes nailing with the brad nailer pretty good, takes gluing with the glue gun really good too. It's pretty versatile stuff, I try to get it as much as I can because I use it for a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

And the saga continues...

Awesome!! 

This is what i grew up on while younger, then dad switched strictly to roofing in my early teen years. All kinds of fun...

Looks like you're going to swallow that little entrance doorway, but i'm assuming it's going to stay because the electrical is coming in there?

23 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

2f569e83af9df5475f3b64397f5a3ee5.jpg

Built a shelf specced out to fit binders, quick easy build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy wait til you see the project my wife found on Pinterest! 

I'm assuming I'm in for it now, there's no end to her wants lol

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Looks like you're going to swallow that little entrance doorway, but i'm assuming it's going to stay because the electrical is coming in there?

lol, yeah thats gotta stay, odd ball local lake front codes prevent "new" construction on this lake so to get around it there has to be a certain amount of existing structure, had to goto the zoning board more than a few times over it, but thats not my problem lol.  The electrical is "temp" not exactly sure where its going to end up but sure looks permanent, it actually was moved there recently.  

• Like 1

Oh boy wait til you see the project my wife found on Pinterest! 
I'm assuming I'm in for it now, there's no end to her wants lol

Ya I come from work and I get the i need a shelf for my classroom ha ha deadly Pinterest is the death of me!

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

Worked on drawing a house plan in Revit today for school. First floor is mostly complete. Just doing more interior work now. Did a lot with the kitchen this week and learned a lot about the program. I made sure to include a dedicated room for a shop cause TIA for life. Also did a purdy render of the unfinished kitchen. It took over an hour to complete. Looks almost real. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 9:40 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Ya I come from work and I get the i need a shelf for my classroom ha ha deadly Pinterest is the death of me!

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

Almost got it complete, but ran short a little piece of cedar, and forgot some screws! D'oh!

So i'm going to disassemble everything now that I get it how I want it, sand it a bit, seal it up and put it back together with some stainless screws

IMG_20170304_142712902

And of course, i didn't think about getting the sand either, we'll have to get some at a later date, when it warms up more

IMG_20170304_144939648

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

IMG_20170307_171125.jpg

IMG_20170307_171135.jpg

Very cool, that's the type of work i grew up on but with a much larger body of water in front of us... Dad built houses along lake Michigan, just him and the crew, my brother and I got immersed in that from early on, 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Very cool, that's the type of work i grew up on but with a much larger body of water in front of us... Dad built houses along lake Michigan, just him and the crew, my brother and I got immersed in that from early on, 

I'm about an hour east of Lake Mi, got a buddy that wanted me to work on a project over there, but I had already committed to this one. it's basically just my brother-in-law and I on the build, ya we call in some help from time to time and have some trades guys in here and there but most of it is the 2 of us.  My old man was a GC and I remember being on a roof with him when I was 6 so.  All my life I've been around building is some shape or form so when I lost my "real" job about 5 years ago(but that's another story) I called an uncle (he's a GC too) and been busy ever since.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

I'm about an hour east of Lake Mi, got a buddy that wanted me to work on a project over there, but I had already committed to this one. it's basically just my brother-in-law and I on the build, ya we call in some help from time to time and have some trades guys in here and there but most of it is the 2 of us.  My old man was a GC and I remember being on a roof with him when I was 6 so.  All my life I've been around building is some shape or form so when I lost my "real" job about 5 years ago(but that's another story) I called an uncle (he's a GC too) and been busy ever since.  

There ya go! 

Gotta make do and might as well be with something you like doing! 

Well spent some quality time with my 887&886 the past 2 days, I got a wee bit of a project, a doctor's office had some water damage so insurance is paying for a 50% +/- remodel of the place. 3 rooms get top to bottom new "kitchen" cabinets and tops, new floor, trim, and a bathroom.  887 spent most of the time in mode 1 for cabinet and drawer assembly while 886 was doing mounting duty.  Am I too lazy to flick the switch to 2 or 3 on the 887? 

Yep! if ya got em use em!

Side note, Ya know its kinda funny when half of the time I go to look for my impact my brother-in-law has it while his GenX 5 is sitting right there.... I mean LITERALLY right next to him while he's using mine!   

Something small, just a test piece on a cheap piece of scrap from the lumber yard. I have a nicer piece of cherry I will make the real one out of, then I will try to do larger pieces. This all started when I saw a post on IG, I liked it but she seemed to refuse to talk about how she did it...so I did some trial and error and figured out a way to do it.
hfaUAAF.jpg

I used my antique routers from my pawn shop find a couple months back. First time doing a lot of stuff I did on here, don't do much woodwork other than shelves and fences...trying to do more. I want to also eventually do optical illusion cutting boards.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Something small, just a test piece on a cheap piece of scrap from the lumber yard. I have a nicer piece of cherry I will make the real one out of, then I will try to do larger pieces. This all started when I saw a post on IG, I liked it but she seemed to refuse to talk about how she did it...so I did some trial and error and figured out a way to do it.
hfaUAAF.jpg

I used my antique routers from my pawn shop find a couple months back. First time doing a lot of stuff I did on here, don't do much woodwork other than shelves and fences...trying to do more. I want to also eventually do optical illusion cutting boards.

Looks awesome!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 0:05 AM, BMack37 said:

hfaUAAF.jpg

Brian, that looks awesome dude!

On 3/4/2017 at 11:30 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Almost got it complete, but ran short a little piece of cedar, and forgot some screws! D'oh!

So i'm going to disassemble everything now that I get it how I want it, sand it a bit, seal it up and put it back together with some stainless screws

IMG_20170304_142712902

And of course, i didn't think about getting the sand either, we'll have to get some at a later date, when it warms up more

IMG_20170304_144939648

Cough....gasp....arghhhh.....is that.....is that.....is that grass?!?!?!?!?!?

Looks awesome bro! I hope you don't mind but something like that may end up in the back yard at my house!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Cough....gasp....arghhhh.....is that.....is that.....is that grass?!?!?!?!?!?

Looks awesome bro! I hope you don't mind but something like that may end up in the back yard at my house!

Thanks! Yeah that was crazy warm weather and then it got cold and Friday it snowed a bunch but warmed up a bit so the snow is gone again.

I actually thought it was a slick idea for a sandbox. I think if I do it again, or feel like making modifications at all, it will be to beef up the back rest braces with something thicker. It's only for little kids but they can be awful rough on things!

• Like 1

Cleaned and lubed the garage door rollers and shifted the door over. For some reason it's been riding all the way to the right, finally said "fuck it" and slid it back to somewhat center. Stained a plaque. Refilled the spray bottle of cleaner/degreaser. Took apart the grease gun to find the grease turned gummy, said "fuck it" again and put it back together. I'll deal with it another time. Reorganized the socket drawer a little bit. Cleaned/waxed the headlights on my car. Cleaned the dash and the inside of the doors. Vacuumed the car.