Recip saw thoughts

rrwalker

Hey guys,

Need some input/thoughts on this. I'm in the market for a new recip saw and torn between the M18 2720 or the 2621. I understand the inherent differences between the brushed and brushless motors etc however I find the pricing is neck and neck oddly enough so I was wondering if there was some less than obvious factor to take the burshed 2621 over the brushless 2720 

Thanks for any input!

Cheers,

Ron

I had the last gen M18 brushed recip and hated it. I'd go with the Fuel. I haven't used it but I've heard from everyone that's used it that they love it. My brushed one was too underpowered and really had no features and worse of all was that darn shoe. I haven't heard too much about the new incarnation of the brushed model other than what Stewie wrote about on tool guyd.

I was just in the same bind, and selected the Fuel 2720, because of the run time, the movable shoe, and the other little features, also, it doesn't vibrate as much. If the fuel is an option for you financially, I say go for it. In any reviews or comparisons, the fuel always gets sung high praises, while the 2621 is just generally seen as a step up from the 2620. I seriously considered both.

The best comparison I could make is the brushed Sawzall is the Chevy Aveo while the Fuel is the full Z06 Corvette. The performance boost between the two is insane. Some tools you can say in the real worled the difference between brushed and brushless isn't as big but on the saws its a pretty big difference.

The best comparison I could make is the brushed Sawzall is the Chevy Aveo while the Fuel is the full Z06 Corvette. The performance boost between the two is insane. Some tools you can say in the real worled the difference between brushed and brushless isn't as big but on the saws its a pretty big difference.

LOL, so they are close huh.

Thanks for all the input guys, MUCH appreciated. I was leaning more towards the 2720 but I figured I would reach out and get some other input from everyone. Just to be clear there's a pretty substantial difference in the power between the two if I am understanding what I am reading? I was looking for direct comparissons but couldn't seem to find any...

I have a ton of Dewalt 20V stuff and thought about just buying the bare 20V recip saw but everything I can find points to Milwaukee making a much better saw. I figured it wouldn't hurt to get in to their 18V platform as they have some awesome tools that Dewalt doesn't offer unfortunately.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys, MUCH appreciated. I was leaning more towards the 2720 but I figured I would reach out and get some other input from everyone. Just to be clear there's a pretty substantial difference in the power between the two if I am understanding what I am reading? I was looking for direct comparissons but couldn't seem to find any...

I have a ton of Dewalt 20V stuff and thought about just buying the bare 20V recip saw but everything I can find points to Milwaukee making a much better saw. I figured it wouldn't hurt to get in to their 18V platform as they have some awesome tools that Dewalt doesn't offer unfortunately.

The sawzall was the biggest reason I switched to Milwaukee. I bought the dcs387 compact model from DeWalt. It vibrated so bad I immediately returned it. I bought the 2720 and haven't looked back. I had the big 15a corded sawzall I ended up selling it because I like the 2720 so good.
  • Like 1

I have a Dewalt 20v and a milwaukee brushed sawzall. The milwaukee is powerful but harder to control speed. I'm not a huge fan.

One of my guys burnt his milwaukee sawzall up a few weeks after getting it.

I never used a fuel sawzall. But it has to be better then the brushed version.