Where do you miss XPS light

Kenneth Denmark

Not so much XPS, but I was using my cordless jigsaw today (I finally got one recently ;) and wondered why there is no light on there.

Secretly hoping for an updated brushless model. Then I'm sure it will have one or more LED's.

Must say I'm really liking the new/bigger led on my DCF899 impact wrench. That thing is bright!

As for XPS. Perhaps they could modify it for use on rotary hammers. Not so much a light, but say 2 (laser?) dots that help in drilling square to the material.

Haven't given it much thought yet, but this came to mind :)

• Like 1

I agree with Mr Yellow on the Jigsaw.. Seems the next stage of Evolution to make it Brushless and with LED's on it.. Not sure of the 'pulsing' led's like the Festool are necessary, and not sure if they've withdrawn it for 'health issues' (epilepsy etc)..

I think it would also be good to put them on the Plunge saw.. Would make seeing the Pencil Marks easier, and also why not.. No-one else has it, so be the first for a change... 

I think that it could also be said of any future Circ saws.. Would make using in Dim light safer too...

I am privvy to some LED testing on some up and coming 'revisions' on tools (can't say anything as yet) but, just when you think there can't be any improvements, the simplest of ideas blow your mind... 

• 3 weeks later...

Not so much XPS, but I was using my cordless jigsaw today (I finally got one recently ;) and wondered why there is no light on there.

Secretly hoping for an updated brushless model. Then I'm sure it will have one or more LED's.

Must say I'm really liking the new/bigger led on my DCF899 impact wrench. That thing is bright!

As for XPS. Perhaps they could modify it for use on rotary hammers. Not so much a light, but say 2 (laser?) dots that help in drilling square to the material.

Haven't given it much thought yet, but this came to mind :)

Quoting myself as I just ran into the BullseyeBore which helps to drill straight. 

(alignment demo) 

(depth demo)

Their website says:

"A different version of BullseyeBore (not pictured) is ubiquitously integrated into a standard drill chuck. In this version, the lasers, optics and electronics become part of the chuck itself. This version can be incorporated seamlessly into a power tool manufacturer’s standard power drill designs, or provided as a simple OEM chuck replacement."

DeWALT take note! ;)

Quoting myself as I just ran into the BullseyeBore which aids to help drill straight. 

Their website says:

"A different version of BullseyeBore (not pictured) is ubiquitously integrated into a standard drill chuck. In this version, the lasers, optics and electronics become part of the chuck itself. This version can be incorporated seamlessly into a power tool manufacturer’s standard power drill designs, or provided as a simple OEM chuck replacement."

DeWALT take note! ;)

That's pretty neat, i couldn't find it for sale anywhere.  But i did find these which could help in some cases

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JCIMEA//ref=cm_sw_su_dp?tag=relprods-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0061FY004//ref=cm_sw_su_dp?tag=relprods-20

Quoting myself as I just ran into the BullseyeBore which helps to drill straight. 

(alignment demo) 

https://vimeo.com/135807378

(depth demo)

https://vimeo.com/135808250

Their website says:

DeWALT take note! ;)

We got eyes all over;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

if any manufacturer could integrate that bullseye thing into the chuck it would be pretty sweet. especially if you could have a button to turn it on/off for situations where it really isn't needed.

as for the XPS light its hard to say where it was missed, the mitre saw is the easiest way to apply it. I mean I could say table saw, router, and circular saw but those would be somewhat unrealistic and probably over board.

• 2 weeks later...

if any manufacturer could integrate that bullseye thing into the chuck it would be pretty sweet. especially if you could have a button to turn it on/off for situations where it really isn't needed.

I think the issues here could be where and how to fit it.. If it were in a chuck for example, then the lights would be 'rotating' and you could get a 'strobing effect' and possibly potential issues for 'epilepsy'...

I think the issues here could be where and how to fit it.. If it were in a chuck for example, then the lights would be 'rotating' and you could get a 'strobing effect' and possibly potential issues for 'epilepsy'...

from the video it looks to me like the bulls eye already has somewhat of a strobe effect, seeing as it is attached to the chuck....

I was thinking if they could slim it down somehow so it isn't larger than the diameter of the drill itself (the original seems to be fairly sized)

again it was just a thought and if it is marketed right the epileptic consumers can either switch off the feature or not go for that brand?