What work boots are your favourite

rees332

I used to be a tried and true Red Wing guy. Now I buy Thorogood work boots for my daily boots. They hold up very well and are union made in the USA! I also get a discount being a Union member so that's a plus. I bought a pair of cabelas SAW boots for the insulation when our winter got brutal this year.

I love my Red Wings, they are so comfy when you stand for hours at a time. The only problem with the pair I have is that they have those softer soles (which makes them comfortable) and they get chewed up when I use a shovel. THey are now 5 years old and are starting to wear through in spots but definitely were worth the $200 I paid for them. My 600 gram thinsulate winter Red Wings are too new to say how they will hold up but they are more comfortable than pac boots not too mention i'm  less clumsy when wearing them, which is important when walking near a trencher and its icy.

I where red wings and Danners. Both are comfortable and last well for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Everyone I know who has Danner have had nothing but a great experience, but my 2 pairs have been lemons. One pair came apart at the seams after a month and the other pair just wore down much faster than a pair of $200 pair of boots should. They are really comfortable though.

I work in an office, (although I work 95% at home now) but I wear Allen Edmonds, they a made in my home state of Wisconsin, and they treat their workers like family.  Have a look at their Wiki page, wish more companies where like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Edmonds

-Steven

Everyone I know who has Danner have had nothing but a great experience, but my 2 pairs have been lemons. One pair came apart at the seams after a month and the other pair just wore down much faster than a pair of $200 pair of boots should. They are really comfortable though.

That sucks man. I have had 4 or 5 pairs of Danner steel toes and they have been great boots.

Danner and Red wing here also. comfy and last. I also use superfeet insoles in all my boots. When i was a young guy I injured my back in a car accident pretty badly. I also have to stand all day at work,do lots of lifting etc. A good pair of boots goes a long way to help with body pain ive found.

If you're looking for good work shoes/boots for dirt cheap, I've got to say that Brahma, the Walmart brand is actually pretty good for the price. My daily shoes are brahmas and they are steel toe, oil and slip resistant, and genuine leather, and I only paid around 40 after tax. Can't say I've been wearing them for years, but I've had them for around six/seven months now and they're still holding up great.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

454948afda0a05f566205039a5223f51.jpgad655ebef45b1c761f213a38233af51a.jpg

I love the red wings but hate hate hate baking them in. Usually takes a couple weeks of oil, stretch, and bitching. That's where my timberlands come in to play. Super comfy but wish they would last longer. Reds 2-3 years life and timberlands 1 at best. But we're talking 6 days a week for 10-12 on a daily. That's my two favorites.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

There was another boot post recently forget who posted it but I posted in that one showing a picture of my Red Wing work boots with steal tow and water proof. I have gotten 3 years out of them so far, they are worn but are holding up well, keep my feet dry and protected. Just wish there were more cushion in these boots so my feet don't hurt after being on them all day.

That was me I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't worked in the field out on site in several years, but here are the boots I had last. I love the Red Wings with the Comfort Force soles. I have a brand new pair of the Red Wing Pecos pull ons at home just waiting to be broke in. My last couple pairs were the Danners so I rotate between brands every couple of boots.72b2bd0fd3daf4026573ca1af89393cc.jpg

I used to be a tried and true Red Wing guy. Now I buy Thorogood work boots for my daily boots. They hold up very well and are union made in the USA! I also get a discount being a Union member so that's a plus. I bought a pair of cabelas SAW boots for the insulation when our winter got brutal this year.

I used to use Red Wings, then switched to Hytest.  Was easier to just order through our supplier at work then go to the Red Wing store.  Interesting that you mention this Thorogood brand being a union made boot.  I also am a proud Union member (Teamsters Local 107) so Ill have to check that boot brand out.

Good recommendations on boots guys. I work at a coal mine so Matterhorns are my boot of choice. I rotate between a non insulated pair for summer ( made in USA ) and a insulated pair for winter. Those unfortunately are made elsewhere and they show it. The good part about Matterhorns is I trade them in after every season for a new pair. They have a really good warranty on them and they have always honored it. Both pairs don't really have a break in time either. The one problem with the USA pair, there is not a lot of support for ankles. But that makes them flexible and comfy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure what brand my current boots are? I like to wear slip on dealer boot style. Here everything has to be British and Euro standard before you're allowed to wear them on industrial sites. I wore Jallatte rigger boots for a while offshore( issued to me) but I soon went back to dealer boot style.