Look what I caught!!!!!!

n8n82250

Yep, Carp can get pretty huge!! I haven't been fishing in so long its embarrassing especially living in Michigan.

That's sacrilege man! My boss goes three or four times a year to a place called Pentwater in Michigan to fish. Says it's a great little area with some good fishing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Had to turn him loose I wouldn't eat it because the creek I caught him in was a bit to dirty.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

One of the water holes I used to always fish at is the same way now.  The fish use to be in good shape but in recent years the water quality has just gone down and the fish have a weird smell to them now.

Nice catch! It's a big fish but like you said, he's still a little guy. I've only been carp fishing once and that was at the Snake River. I remember hooking on to a pretty good size carp, they are pretty strong!

My friend caught a 17 pounder before this guy was only a little over 3 punds believe it or not. But I was fighting him for a little over 5 minutes.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nice catch!  I little spot where I use to fish in Wisconsin was loaded with carp, I can't eat fish, but there was this guy that was always there that would take what I caught.  We did a lot overnight fishing, so the guy usually would cook them up right on the spot.

Nice nate. Did you turn him loose or take him home for dinner?

You guys don't eat carp over there do you?? The ones we have here look just like that, but they eat all the mud and crap off the bottom of the creeks and rivers so they don't taste so nice...

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

You guys don't eat carp over there do you?? The ones we have here look just like that, but they eat all the mud and crap off the bottom of the creeks and rivers so they don't taste so nice...

I personally have not and will not just for the reason you stated! Some people do however. Reminds me of a good recipe for carp. After you have it cleaned, put it on a cedar plank. Rub it heavy with salt, ground pepper and then some garlic powder. Hit it in the oven for about an hour on 350 degrees. Pull it out hit it with some lemon juice, then when it cools, throw the carp in the trash and eat the board! Sorry guys I had to!

I personally have not and will not just for the reason you stated! Some people do however. Reminds me of a good recipe for carp. After you have it cleaned, put it on a cedar plank. Rub it heavy with salt, ground pepper and then some garlic powder. Hit it in the oven for about an hour on 350 degrees. Pull it out hit it with some lemon juice, then when it cools, throw the carp in the trash and eat the board! Sorry guys I had to!

Haha, that's a classic!!

If we catch them here in some of our main rivers it's against the fisheries law to return them.

Haha, that's a classic!!

If we catch them here in some of our main rivers it's against the fisheries law to return them.

A lot of the guys I know that will just toss them out on the bank. There are quite a few people that eat them though.

A lot of the guys I know that will just toss them out on the bank. There are quite a few people that eat them though.

Suppose to be OK if u smoke them, buggered if I could be bothered though.

• Like 1