Looking at expanding....

chewie17

Been online looking at tools for future purchases and everything.

Came across more makita tools than I remember ever seeing from them and got to thinking about turning the shop into a makita/Bosch mix.

I like the idea of certain tools being cordless because you don't use them overly often but you don't want to mess around with a cord when you want to use them so.

Let's hear your thoughts for their plate jointer, sander and barrel grip jigsaw all cordless 18v tools. There's a few more I would consider getting in the future. But these are my basic ones I'd get sooner.

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Makita is what i think when i need wood working tools, new brushless jigsaw, they have plate jointer, sander, and planer plus other tools. Only a few companies that actually have those tools in cordless form, i have the sander, planer and jigasw, all great tools being cordless, You also have a new cordless mitersaw from makita, should be awesome, and  Bosch is coming out with new tools in those categories also. So really cant go wrong with either.

I'm just now opening my eyes to the vast expanse that is makita. And really think that for a woodshop they have the best cordless line. I have the corded versions of all those tools mentioned above, I got them used but they work great. So I'm looking for a secondary quick option to have as a fast go to with good results. Or an on the go solution.

• Like 1

Makita tools have been time tested. We have a bunch of old ni-cad drills in our shop thats gotta be over 20 years old. They are still working hard everyday. Im pretty much married to Milwaukee but Makita is looking hotter and hotter every day lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the feedback!

One thing that bums me out is that they don't normally have fuel gauges on them to see how much juice ya got left. (The batteries I mean) I heard they are starting to release them? Are those just with kits or?

The biggest plus is that it's a 22 minute charge.

well being from Ontario you have similar issues with having a lot of big stores close to you. I found atlas machinery (a member passed this info to me) has a lot of branded tools for a decent price. but Makita has a warehouse in Ontario that sells referb stuff.

whatever you buy, get jiggy with it!.......I'm holding out for a Mafell P1

cant see myself spending that much on a jigsaw... I mean the amount I use it is minimal right now, plus I can get away with a cheaper model that is still really top of the line.

im trying to spend a budget wisely... and you guys make it so difficult.... :P

Well I have to admit of you want to go cordless, you'd be hard pressed to do better than the Makita barrel grip. But just like Comp said....even I would replace my Carvex with the PC1. But at over 7 bones it can wait! I did a video of the Makita both unboxing and in use and it's a phenomenal machine. I still reach for the Carvex for the precision it gives but nothing for nothing the Makita is a wonder.

I used my circle cutter for a table top on my Wife's new potting bench she made. Between the DC, the splinter guard, the circle cutter, you really cannot ask for a more enjoyable tool to use. I was grinning ear to ear cutting that hole out. My neighbor came over, he asked me to design a small wooden box for a music amplifier and I was demoing the Carvex for him and he was blown away. Just an incredible machine but yeah. It ain't cheap. That Makita is so well made, and in the UK as opposed to China, I could not see why someone would spend the case on the cordless Carvex. A couple of minor gripes but an amazing machine. No DC and the splinter guard is not cut out by the blade but is rather pre slotted so not quite as tight as the Carvex but what a machine! My last jigsaw was a Bosch AVS model and I did not like it at all. The blade change mechanics sucked. Great machine, super smooth, little vibration....just hated the blade change. I love my Bosch tools and use them regularly but that saw was not for me. Now the Bosch barrel grip 7.2ah? THAT is a FANTASTIC machine and would give any of the competition a run for their money!

I have had my eye on the 18v jigsaw for awhile now. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I was all set to pull the trigger on one, but some unexpected expenses came up and I had to put the purchase on the back burner.

As for Makita 18v in general, they have really been on a roll lately. I would put them right up with Milwaukee as far as expanding their line-up.