Things we have been a collector of

jbw55

I would guess everyone has been a collector of one thing or another in there lifetime.....as a kid it was baseball & football cards and diecast cars....then as I got older music became a big part of life, I started to collect music, buying LP's and CD's and have continued to collect up to this day. Tools have also been something I've aquired a lot of over the years but it was because I needed them to make a living, today its because I may have a tool addiction LOL. Sport memorbilla is another I've collected for many years, mainly Nascar and NHRA stuff. Tactical flashlights are my newest thing to collect, been collecting these for about four years. I have a small collection of coins but not to serious of a collection. I've had some other things I collected but more of a on and off thing.

I have friends that collect knives, guns, wine, art, stamps, watches, cars, coins, etc and some at it for 40 - 50 years, amagine what some of these collections are worth!! .....there are so many fun and interesting things to collect. My wife has a pretty large collection of antique snuff bottles from all over the world, many are hundreds of years old.  Tell us what's collecting dust in your house, What have you been collecting all these years.

Other than tools I also collect pocket knives and bass guitars. I don't have any pictures of my knives on my phone, but here are 3 of my basses.1dc812872ccba3310f38ca6ea338c08b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Those are really nice, I wish I took up an instrument in my earlier years......My father in-law was a musician (drummer) and my wife plays the piano

I collect computer parts (mostly older), I had to get rid of a lot of big stuff when I moved recently, like my rackmount servers, tape changer, old Macs, and buckets of fiber optic and SCSI junk. I still have my SGI O2, Commodore 64, and Atari ST, as well as a few collectible laptops.

My largest collection now is of flashlights, all kinds from plastic toys to military searchlights.

Most recently it's been Magic The Gathering cards, but I'm trying to control myself. I don't have any cards too valuable to play.

• Like 1

I don't have much of a collection other than when I was younger I collected Zippo Lighters and over the years I have collected over 57 of them, however they are not just new zippo lighter you get at a local smoke shop the zippo's I have are either limited or pre 1970's.

another thing I have collected is not a big collection at all but it was hard to get. when I was 13 years old my father was selling a car and a couple guys showed up to test drive it.......long story short they bought the car, the one guy reached in his pocket and pulled out a bundle of money and peeled off 3 bills and passed them to me to give to my father.......they were 1000 dollar bills............ever since that day I said I want one of those.....well it took me almost 40 years but I got 1 and still have it. In around the year 2000 the Canadian gov stopped them from circulation and the banks are destroying them as they come in the banks so each year they are harder and harder to get.....according to the banks they are still over 950,000 out there somewhere and I have 1 of them......the nickname for these bills are called pinkies, because of the pinkish purple tones in color, the biggest reason they stopped these bills was because of criminal activity.......

I don't have much of a collection other than when I was younger I collected Zippo Lighters and over the years I have collected over 57 of them, however they are not just new zippo lighter you get at a local smoke shop the zippo's I have are either limited or pre 1970's.

another thing I have collected is not a big collection at all but it was hard to get. when I was 13 years old my father was selling a car and a couple guys showed up to test drive it.......long story short they bought the car, the one guy reached in his pocket and pulled out a bundle of money and peeled off 3 bills and passed them to me to give to my father.......they were 1000 dollar bills............ever since that day I said I want one of those.....well it took me almost 40 years but I got 1 and still have it. In around the year 2000 the Canadian gov stopped them from circulation and the banks are destroying them as they come in the banks so each year they are harder and harder to get.....according to the banks they are still over 950,000 out there somewhere and I have 1 of them......the nickname for these bills are called pinkies, because of the pinkish purple tones in color, the biggest reason they stopped these bills was because of criminal activity.......

That's interesting about the 1000 dollar bills.....I was looking at some US 1000 bills and they fetch a pretty good sum on the secondary market, I saw some 5000 dollar bills, those were cool.....I didn't even know they made them.

That's interesting about the 1000 dollar bills.....I was looking at some US 1000 bills and they fetch a pretty good sum on the secondary market, I saw some 5000 dollar bills, those were cool.....I didn't even know they made them.

wow $5,000.....ya I paid $1,090 for the one I have and was told after only about 18 months of having it I could get close to $1,400 already.......but truthfully I didn't get it for the investment I got it because of that one day with my father .........

• Like 2

Here is something special....I wish I had a stack of these, even one would put a smile on my face

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US-$100000-GC-1934-Fr-2413.jpg

haha ya your not gonna get one of those with your change....any time soon.......lol

I "collect" bootlegs, had over 4,000 shows on cassette, unfortunately they didn't stand the test of time.  However, I have got most of my collection back via some private trading forums. There is something about live music, that can not be captured in the studio.  I also collect old radio scanners, and shortwave receivers, but they are packed up at the moment and I have not bought any new stuff in a few years.  My latest addiction is railroad, model railroad and plastic scale models, although I been collecting that stuff since I was a kid.  I switch between different  hobby collecting, 

-Steven

I "collect" bootlegs, had over 4,000 shows on cassette, unfortunately they didn't stand the test of time.  However, I have got most of my collection back via some private trading forums. There is something about live music, that can not be captured in the studio.  I also collect old radio scanners, and shortwave receivers, but they are packed up at the moment and I have not bought any new stuff in a few years.  My latest addiction is railroad, model railroad and plastic scale models, although I been collecting that stuff since I was a kid.  I switch between different  hobby collecting, 

-Steven

Sorry, I might be too young, but what do you mean by bootlegs? Are these music concerts that are recorded by fans in the audience, or unauthorized copies of official recordings? Are they video or just audio?

Do you have any HF transceivers sitting around collecting dust? I'm a general class but I haven't found a decent starter HF rig, they seem to be $500 for an entry level model, new or used.

Sorry, I might be too young, but what do you mean by bootlegs? Are these music concerts that are recorded by fans in the audience, or unauthorized copies of official recordings? Are they video or just audio?

Do you have any HF transceivers sitting around collecting dust? I'm a general class but I haven't found a decent starter HF rig, they seem to be $500 for an entry level model, new or used.

Yes, they are live recordings, mostly audio, but I do have a ton of videos also.  They are not copies of official recordings, but are live recoding of their concert usually done by a person in the audience. These recoding are traded for other recordings, although some people try to sell them which is a Big No-No.  A lot of bands don't mind this practice, and some bands actually encourage it.  On the other hand, a lot of bands actually offer recordings of the concert though their website, that are recorded from the soundboard.  The majority of shows I have, are from bands that are no longer with us, or are no longer playing live shows.

I am also a Ham Radio Operator,  General Class.  I don't have any transceivers at this time, I had to sell my rig when the wife lost her job.  I plan on getting a new rig very soon though.  Let me know if you want to chat on Echolink sometime.

Steven