TiA: Tool idea thread

BMack37

I didn't see this topic posted but the guys posted a youtube video about tools that don't exist but they should...and I think this is a great discussion topic. So what hand or power tools would you guys like to see?

My idea is a cordless soldering iron that feeds solder, like a mig welder but not necessarily feeding from inside the tip. All it needs to do is feed to the tip, so it could even be an add-on to an existing wireless soldering iron. One-handed soldering for tight spaces, wire splicing, etc.

Your turn guys, let's hear those ideas!

There was supposed to be a hand tool and a power tool discussion but I guess the topics were merged so please ignore the double post at the beginning of the thread :)

Yea, I merged them. I didn't immediately notice they were different.

Cordless Conduit Bender:

How amazing would it be if you could just dial in an angle and have the machine bend it for you. This is one tool that I would imagine Milwaukee making in the future.

Pop Rivet Gun:

I agree with Eric, this would awesome. It would have to be able to fit in tight places. I would definitely pick this up if someone made it.

Cordless Caulking Gun:

I might be wrong, but I think I over heard Dan mention that he wanted a cordless caulking gun.

Milwaukee makes a cordless caulking that runs on the M12 and M18 platform. Click Here

Cordless Worm Drive Circular Saw:

I don't think there is a huge need for this, but I would be amazed if this was ever made.

Cordless Table Saw:

I guess you could screw your cordless saw to a piece of ply and flip that sucker over

Cordless Table Saw:

I guess you could screw your cordless saw to a piece of ply and flip that sucker over

I've seen on ebay a dewalt miter/table saw combo. This was a corded model but basically you lock the miter down, flip the saw over and it mounts to a table. The item was ridiculously priced around 1000 dollars, but maybe that design might pop up in a 20 max design or one of makitas 2x18v models.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to see a line wrench but in socket form. They make them for oxygen sensors but those are only a few sizes.

Are you talking about a crowfoot style like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunex-9710M-8-Inch-Crowfoot-10-Piece/dp/B0002SRJF4

Most manufacturers also make 12 pt versions like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Proto-J4930FL-Crowfoot-Wrench/dp/B001HWCN7S

Would love if DeWalt came out with 23 Gauge pin nailer/stapler on their battery system, heck even a 23 gauge pneumatic version would be nice. 

There are a few other ideas rolling around in my head, just not sure how to explain it in words. LOL

-Steven

Are you talking about a crowfoot style like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sunex-9710M-8-Inch-Crowfoot-10-Piece/dp/B0002SRJF4

Most manufacturers also make 12 pt versions like these:

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Proto-J4930FL-Crowfoot-Wrench/dp/B001HWCN7S

Basically a longer/deeper version about the size of a deep socket. I think that they would be great for fuel lines and brake lines.

I would love it if Milwaukee got on the battery air nailer band wagon. I have all Milwaukee tools at work except the ryobi air strike to putting in moldings.

Also a m18 chopsaw would also be awesome. 

Those to together would make it super easy to do trim repair. Attach up the m18 vacuum to have your self a portable dustless trim station.

• Like 1

I was drilling get a bunch of concrete holes today and I was I had a compressor with a blow gun other than turning my drill like an idiot to clear the dust out, some sort of 12v tool could be pretty useful specially doing attic work or tight reach areas or where you don't have a compressor around.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can already get cordless pop rivet guns and cordless pipe benders. I put the links to a couple I found on the youtube comments section.

This one share battery with Dewalt

http://www.suministrosherco.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2013/04/Presentacion-remachadora-PB25001.pdf

Yes, they make them, but like I said in my post, they are very expensive. The Marson BT-1 runs up near $1,000, a couple other options that run $700-$800, and Emhart PB2500 runs a rediculous $1500. I wasn't aware it Dewalt compatible, so I did learn something.

The Astro Pneumatic 9910 is affordable at +/- $200, but it's a nut riveter.

All the available pop guns are designed for all day professional use in production applications and even then are over priced for the occasional user like myself.

The functionality of the gun closely mimics that of the Milwaukee Force logic tools and could be easily adapted to a pop rivet gun. There's no doubt in my mind someone could offer an 18 and/or 12V class version with a bare tool price in the sub $250 range.

That would be perfect for the guy who rivets often enough to want something more than an archaic hand riveter, but not often enough to justify an expensive production model.

Someone offers a drill attachment that does it. I may go that route. I suppose it was naive to think Milwaukee would listen to my suggestions

• Like 3

Would love to see a cordless pop rivet gun also, in Bosch 12V or Dewalt 20V.

I've always thought about a 1/4" hex impact bit with locking plier jaws. I've since find a Ryobi bit that performs some of the tasks I've wanted it for but I'd still love to see one.

SnapOn accepts tool proposals and pays YOU if they build it. I think it's a few thousand.

Would love to see a cordless pop rivet gun also, in Bosch 12V or Dewalt 20V.

I've always thought about a 1/4" hex impact bit with locking plier jaws. I've since find a Ryobi bit that performs some of the tasks I've wanted it for but I'd still love to see one.

SnapOn accepts tool proposals and pays YOU if they build it. I think it's a few thousand.

Lislie has an inventors program as well. I think I posted on the main page about it once.

If I'm not mistaken Astro Pneumatic has a similar program as well.