Wow what a shop for a kid!

comp56

Hahahahaha I love reading these posts. All I can say you young whipper snappers is I can and WILL retire in 3-1/2 years :D

I have 24 yrs...4 months...1day...5hrs...and 50 mins as of this post until I can retire, but who's counting. Good for you on making it through Chris!

• Like 1

Yea, I'm 26 comp. 

I have 24 yrs...4 months...1day...5hrs...and 50 mins as of this post until I can retire, but who's counting. Good for you on making it through Chris!

Hate to be the one to tell you, but if you have that long...it'll be a lot longer than that before you reach retirement. 

Yea, I'm 26 comp.

Hate to be the one to tell you, but if you have that long...it'll be a lot longer than that before you reach retirement.

I agree with you a bit. There are a lot of variables between now and then. As long as my union is still in business and I'm working till then and so on. That number is my magic number. I am grandfathered in if the union makes any changes to my pension. At that point I will have 35 years in the union, insurance will be covered 100%for my wife and I. If I make it till then I'm DONE.

• Like 3

I agree with you a bit. There are a lot of variables between now and then. As long as my union is still in business and I'm working till then and so on. That number is my magic number. I am grandfathered in if the union makes any changes to my pension. At that point I will have 35 years in the union, insurance will be covered 100%for my wife and I. If I make it till then I'm DONE.

If the raise the national retirement age, you're grandfathered into the current age even if that changes?

I do not contribute to social security so I really can't count on more than a couple hundred at that time but I'll be 48/49 when I pull the plug. Then? I'll work at Walmart as a door greeter/puncher :)

Welcome to Walmart......P-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1