Help with a bolt size

Swaglosrevival

Ok y'all gonna be mad at me when you hear this.

I was changing the blade to my Cordless saw and I used my baby hulk impact to take the bolt off because its easier.

Only I snapped the head off the bolt!

I managed to get the rest of the screw out but I can't find the right size anywhere. I tried 3 different Lowes 4 Home Depots and a ace hardware. It seems like its the bolt isn't anything standard.

Does anybody know the bolt size? Of even a website to buy it from, cause I can't even word my question right on Google. lol [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30]

It's left handed thread, almost certainly M8.

That's probably the problem the stores have the right size but not one with left handed threads. You were lucky you got the remnants of the bolt out easy also :) I would have been pissed at myself and cursing if that was me :)

• Like 1

That's probably the problem the stores have the right size but not one with left handed threads. You were lucky you got the remnants of the bolt out easy also :) I would have been pissed at myself and cursing if that was me :)

Yea man I was real pissed. I just got the saw and I usually don't use my impact to unscrew pieces like that. But I ignored the warning in my head smh.

Or get two for next time some smartass overtightens a blade bolt =P

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9VAARU/

Every saw I can remember dealing with used an M6 bolt (sorry I got my metric confused earlier thinking M8 was the 1/4 equivalent instead of 3/8 equivalent) with the only difference being thread direction for the blade direction.  That means almost any miter saw or blade left circular saw will have interchangeable bolts.

Or get two for next time some smartass overtightens a blade bolt =P

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N9VAARU/

Every saw I can remember dealing with used an M6 bolt (sorry I got my metric confused earlier thinking M8 was the 1/4 equivalent instead of 3/8 equivalent) with the only difference being thread direction for the blade direction. That means almost any miter saw or blade left circular saw will have interchangeable bolts.

Thanks mane! I did buy two lol