Extraction Pliers

JimboS1ice

I have a pair, they are FANTASTIC. Vampliers is the US distributer, they do limited advertising and charge more than the OEM which doesn't do any advertising. The OEM is Engineer and they sell for about $10 less. Here's a link to the ones I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L6HJAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

They have two different sizes of this tool, then they have a micro version as well as a slip-joint version. Very good quality, strong jaws, good cutters on them. Handle is dense and comfy. I love them, they got me out of a jam on site Friday. Screw was really tight, screw head was stripped. Grabbed these guys and it was out in a few seconds and because the way they're cut, they don't slip like trying to do it with regular pliers.

I have a pair, they are FANTASTIC. Vampliers is the US distributer, they do limited advertising and charge more than the OEM which doesn't do any advertising. The OEM is Engineer and they sell for about $10 less. Here's a link to the ones I have: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L6HJAA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

They have two different sizes of this tool, then they have a micro version as well as a slip-joint version. Very good quality, strong jaws, good cutters on them. Handle is dense and comfy. I love them, they got me out of a jam on site Friday. Screw was really tight, screw head was stripped. Grabbed these guys and it was out in a few seconds and because the way they're cut, they don't slip like trying to do it with regular pliers.

Good to hear, I might just have to do these to the tool box, thanks for the link!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two things of note that I forgot to mention. The size I linked to, the jaws are designed not to touch but really it would have to be a TINY screw to not work. Another thing is that the serrations in the jaws are nice and sharp, you're going to really dig into the screw head to remove a screw. I think the slip-joint would be the most useful of all of them but I also wouldn't hesitate to buy multiple sizes of these guys to use as regular pliers as well as worn bit extraction.

Here are the slip joints: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W9IV82?colid=FG53APQ94OYX&coliid=I2ELIE28340Y9I&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

No problem! I've been happy telling as many people as possible about them. I've always wished someone made a pair of pliers like this and to my surprise, earlier this year they popped up on my Amazon recommendations, did some research and bought them. Couldn't be happier...apparently, they aren't uncommon in Japan. There are multiple makers of this kind of plier in Japan, Engineer makes the most economic/good quality of the bunch. The others have to be shipped from Japan...though Chinese knockoffs have been found in Canada at Princess Auto(their Harbor Freight equivalent).

• Like 1

I have the slip-joint version and they work pretty well. I ordered the largest ones from Engineer over a month ago and I am still waiting for them to be delivered. I think it would be really cool if they came out with a vice grip type version of the pliers, seems like that would really be use full for tough screws.

Jim,

The pliers will worth the wait, trust me. I'm guessing the one you bought is made by Engineer ? Or at least a rebranded version ?

Yes it was engineer as Bmack referred me to, everyone has built these pliers up can't wait to get my hands on them.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the slip-joint version and they work pretty well. I ordered the largest ones from Engineer over a month ago and I am still waiting for them to be delivered. I think it would be really cool if they came out with a vice grip type version of the pliers, seems like that would really be use full for tough screws.

Just ordered a pair of the slip joints I'll have them in a few days [emoji57]

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When I got them I just went to town on some screws that I didn't care if they got marred up, when I realized it was about as easy as using a screwdriver...I knew I was going to love these pliers. I think my test subject was my weight bench, which has some rust on the hardware.