Did Home Depot have A Tool Corral back in the day?

DR99

We have a HD in the Rialto Ca area that has a guard at the front of the entrance to the tool section to combat theft. I am sure they are doing it for a reason but I stay away from that store for that reason. Can't stand it when store personnel look at you as you were a thief or something. I hate "Ross" stores for that reason.  

I've heard the area in the store that has the power tools referred to as the "tool corral". In some higher theft stores, there is only 1 entrance/exit to the area, that is why I thought it may be refereed to as that.

I swear the store used to be set up that way for awhile, but they moved to a more open floor plan later on. One store used to have the big combo kits locked up but they don't even do that anymore. I think for the most part they are willing to deal with a little product shrinkage as the cost of business.

I don't know if its just old age but I remember when Home Depot first opened here in the late 90's they had tool corrals for power tools and such. Am I wrong with this though or not?

Yep,, the Depots by me had Tool Corral's and they had a cash register in the Corral as well

• Like 1

Yep,, the Depots by me had Tool Corral's and they had a cash register in the Corral as well

I can't find any photo's of the old setup. Yea also back then they had 24 hour stores that didn't last long. Would have been nice for emergencies/nocturnal people like me!!

• Like 1