Hilti 12v Unboxing Video

ChrisK

Chris you are a jerk, now I want them! Just kidding man. Nice video, those are some nice looking units. How does it compare in size to your Bosch? If I wasn't already in the Bosch 12v line I would definitely be getting these. Enjoy brotha!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So I got to play around with the set today a little bit. Nice guns, still haven't tried the impact out but the drill is a real powerhouse and distributes battery juice really well. Here are some pics of the guns next to my M12 Fuel impact and my new Bosch PS22-2A which I absolutely love....

I would add the guns are very compact, the grips are very comfortable and the Hilti screwdriver body is actually shorter than my little Bosch. A bit taller but very impressive.

Yeah I'm really liking my new Bosch. A lot. The new Hiltis are honestly really well made / designed and the batteries are fantastic. Love the four bar fuel gauge and the rubber over molding around the whole thing keeps the tools from sliding around. To early to make a judgement call and I am not sure what Hilti is planning from the line so my Bosch' are quite fine. Of course my Festool CXS......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool, good to know.  I love Hilti and these seem to be pretty good.

Yeah his loss my gain. They are soooo nice. Just what I was looking for. And found Hilti batteries on eBay for $17 a piece.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

I love hilti tools. The only issue I ever had with a hilti was a core drill. Like this one. 87274d1361065448-how-drill-thru-armored-building-dd-20110-w-20core-20drill_editorial_1-1-.jpg

It was a rental so I'm sure it had had more than its fair share of abuse. I was drilling out drains for some water troughs with another guy because you're best of trading out when you're drilling horizontally at ground level through an 8" wall with a dull bit. A hose wasn't an option due to the location and missing hookup on the drill so one guy had a bucket of water. So basically we were kneelin on concrete in about two inches of water and cow shit drilling all day. Point is we were well grounded. Before you jump to conclusions these drill are designed for wet environments and I've used them while laying down in trenches with standing water in them with no problems an the cord was out of the water plenty. Anyway the other guy was drilling and stopped suddenly and said he thinks it shocked him a little. I was 16 or 17 and cocky and it was his first week on the job so I just thought he was being a b***. I traded him out and started drilling and every now and then I'd have a short pulse of electricity shock me and I'd keep going while he laughed because it wasn't that bad and we just wanted to be done. After about the tenth or so time it finally unleashed Zues's full fury on me and shocked you as bad as 120v can. Friggin hands clenched up and my muscles in my forearms went all haywire for a good two seconds and then it stopped when the GFCI on the cord tripped. We reset GFCI on the plug, I insulated myself and pulled the trigger, the drill wouldn't even start to turn anymore. It was completely fried. The Hilti color still makes my hands twitch when I see it. Moral of the story: AC and water doesn't mix, ever. I've got some other stories about being an idiot with an AC stick welder and standing on an aluminum ladder, or working on live pump controllers that I'll spare you from having to read.

I hate getting zapped, always seems to find me though, friggin sucks. I've been zapped by grinders, tenderizers , meat tying machines. My company likes to not repair thing so so most times the machines aren't grounded properly, until I touch it lol.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah and if your co-worker sets you up too. I remember one of my low voltage techs working on a door buzzer, and he asked that I hold the two wires, because they were short and he was afraid they would fall back into the wall. So dumb ass me said ok. Turns out they were 120 volts. Scared the crap out of me. But that's ok, I got the bastard back. One day he was sitting all comfy in his chair and I turned a can of compressed air upside down and blasted the back of his neck. I felt bad after a couple hours still seeing the big red patch on his neck hehe. 

• Like 2

"If operating a power tool in a damp location is unavoidable, use a residual current device (RCD) protected supply. Use of an RCD reduces the risk of electric shock."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, the GFCI that Hilti builds into their cords did the same thing. It really saved me on that one because it was plugged into a welder with probably nonexistant circuit breakers.

12 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

Hey Chris nice video.  What do you think of the Hilti 12V after you have ad a chance to use them?

Hey Eric, sold the set to John. Awesome tools but he'd give you a better judgement call. I really love my Festool CXS and Bosch PS31 brushless tools and do look elsewhere.....well I love my tools but those Hiltos look like an awesome line. I hope they continue to expand it.

• Like 1