Dewalt XR planer , I'll leave the vid here for your pleasure

locksmithmatt

Dear Mr Y

Believe when I tell.. You will love the saw..

My test crew and I have try it and all off the guys will bye it when it will be on the marked.. A quote from one of them" FUCK the price I won't one..!"

I'm sure there's no doubt that we all want one , the US version just looks more robust and worth the money compared to the EU version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well on the plastic note, this saw is marketed for portability. Now I like mine the way it is but 2 things: 

1) Weight. They'll save pounds by going to plastic

2) Material marring. Plastic takes a hit or cut and it's easy and cheap to replace. The machined handles on the US version however are perminant. Gouge it and it's there forever. Over time it will get banged up and potentially have sharp edges to contend with. The sacrafice is durability of course. 

As for the miter handle, mine has been a bit difficult to deal with since it came out of the box. Somewhere is probablya way to adjust it, but I have to push it all the way down with crushing force to keep it from hitting the positivestops all the way around. 

Dear Mr Y

Believe when I tell.. You will love the saw..

My test crew and I have try it and all off the guys will bye it when it will be on the marked.. A quote from one of them" FUCK the price I won't one..!"

I bet I will, but to me they could have taken the US model, added dual bevel and be done and I would be a happy man.

But as I've said, it's only my first feeling after seeing the picture from the EU model.

If only they changed the miter knob, scales and made the handles yellow it would've looked a whole lot different.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something tells me you're gonna have a whole heap of issues trying to get that to run on a Dewalt Li-ion Battery.... Best of luck...  

• Like 4

Does anyone know if the planer has one or two blades on the cutting barrel?? I have seen the Bosch cordless planner has only one, and I am pretty sure that the Makita is the same! I would have thought the Dewalt would be the same, putting less stress on the motor.

Does anyone know if the planer has one or two blades on the cutting barrel?? I have seen the Bosch cordless planner has only one, and I am pretty sure that the Makita is the same! I would have thought the Dewalt would be the same, putting less stress on the motor.

The Planer has two blades on the cutting barrel... Standard size 82mm double sided blades... 

Makita has the same too..

• 3 months later...