2016 Dewalt

Hugh Jass

A grinder with a standard lock-on design. As much as I like Dewalt I think their grinder in unwieldy and cumbersome, especially in the tight spots are smaller more precise guts that I use a cordless grinder for. Every other brand Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, HItachi, Hilti... puts out a more compact cordless which you can use with one hand or change your grip if required to get into a tight spot, Dewalt makes an unwieldy behemoth of a grinder that really limits the ways it can be held and used and isnt even particularly powerful. It is one of the only 20V max tools i refuse to buy. 

Thats my rant lol;)

But seriously, please Dewalt put out a standard grinder design. If its so dangerous why can you make a much more powerfull corded grinders in the standard small grinder configuration I would buy one tomorrow

I disagree. I love the grinder, but a brushless upgrade is definitely needed to support battery life. Anywhere it doesn't go, I use a oscillating multi tool instead. 

• 1 month later...

How about an air compressor that runs off of 20v rechargeable battery? Not for air tools but for car and bike tires, inflatable toys. Bonus points if I can use a blow gun with it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ryobi makes cordless inflators

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/8 brushless impact wrench would be nice along with a right angle impact wrench. Definitely a +1 on the brushless saws and grinders. Love my yellow one but I might have to pick up a fuel if they don't get with the program.

A while back I swapped the chuck for a 3/8" square drive on a DCF886, thing works like a charm.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7801-dewalt-20v-38-impact-wrench/

A while back I swapped the chuck for a 3/8" square drive on a DCF886, thing works like a charm.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7801-dewalt-20v-38-impact-wrench/

That's sweet! Right now I've been using that same driver with a 3/8 adaptor as my small impact since I really do still have to have a drill and there's not enough power. It makes 125 ft/lbs iirc (152 ish ft/lbs for gen 2) and the actual impact wrench brushed is 150ftlbs 1/2 compqct, 130 for the 3/8, 200 for the one they made for Mac tools, and then Milwaukees fuels are astep above all that. I'd like to see a step above Milwaukee because that 125 ft lbs doesn't work on a lot of fasteners but the small size can get in where the big gun can't. IMHO I think that 250 ft lbs would be just about right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

when the dewalt 12v line came out i was all over it, ive now sold it and gone m12 fuel due to the dewalt line not moving forward. shame as the dewalt grip is like a glove.

as for new tools id love a powerful brushless angle drill/ hole hawg, a cooling fan, table top tile saw and maybe batts like the black and deka with a usb port in the top.

• Like 1

Thanks Jimbo, I'm no contractor. Just a regular do it yourselfer and was confused on what the benefits could possibly be. Thanks for the welcome ;)

Really the only place i see those batterys being any real use is in a metal shops or somthing were you work with the same materials every day. For the torque and speed settings and stuff like that on the plus one. I really have no use for it on a job site. They would slow down production more than helping. That's what I've seen and think. Other people mite disagree.

Millerz

• Like 1