2016 Dewalt

Hugh Jass

So we've gotten a taste of what's coming next year from Dewalt XR with the awesome looking planar. What else do we think we'll see as the 20v line is extended? There's not a lot missing that I'd look forward too. I'd like a cordless tire pump, small brad nailer (20ish gauge), higher Ah batteries, and a cordless router are about what I need, but I'm sure I'm missing something...

Thoughts? 

So we've gotten a taste of what's coming next year from Dewalt XR with the awesome looking planar. What else do we think we'll see as the 20v line is extended? There's not a lot missing that I'd look forward too. I'd like a cordless tire pump, small brad nailer (20ish gauge), higher Ah batteries, and a cordless router are about what I need, but I'm sure I'm missing something...

Thoughts?

maybe just upgraded versions of there current recip and circular saws. Then there line up will be pretty solid and on par with competitors.

maybe just upgraded versions of there current recip and circular saws. Then there line up will be pretty solid and on par with competitors.

Yeah im hoping for a regular 7 1/4 blade circular saw instead of the 6 1/2. the Recip saw needs a lot of work too imo, i dont much like the one i have.  Im also hoping for more large cordless tools like their miter saw. 

• Like 1

Yeah im hoping for a regular 7 1/4 blade circular saw instead of the 6 1/2. the Recip saw needs a lot of work too imo, i dont much like the one i have.  Im also hoping for more large cordless tools like their miter saw. 

Yea, I have the compact Recip and it's garbage. The original 18v was a better tool. This thing literally does more damage to the operator than the material. Using it I can look down and watch my skin defy physics, and I'm about 3% body fat. 

I'd probably pick up a XR grinder too. I love my grinder but if you push it, it will eat batteries faster than any other tool. I can smoke a 5ah in that thing in 3 minutes. 

Recips are a pain in general. Don't like 'em. Probably never will. Can't stand the vibration it transfers to your arms.

I think they should look into adding AVC in their recip saws. And not in the handle, but between the housing and the reciprocating mechanism. Kinda like they do with their cordless sds drills. Think that could make a difference. Perform&Protect!

Sent from somewhere by someone using something.

Recips are a pain in general. Don't like 'em. Probably never will. Can't stand the vibration it transfers to your arms.

I think they should look into adding AVC in their recip saws. And not in the handle, but between the housing and the reciprocating mechanism. Kinda like they do with their cordless sds drills. Think that could make a difference. Perform&Protect!

Sent from somewhere by someone using something.

Not all are created equal, but I agree. I have a dinosaur corded porter cable Tiger Saw that runs like a sewing machine compared to Dewalt. Better trigger, better shoe, better ergonomics, and it cuts about 4x as fast with practically no vibration in comparison...it just has a damn cord (which I hate), and it's heavy...but what a difference. Only thing the Dewalt really has going for it is the easier blade change, but the stupid lever flops around all over the place because of the vibration and poorly engineered design (no spring...why?). It's also underpowered which I also believe leads to more punishment on the user because it's too slow to force blade motion with the short stroke length which means the tool is moving your arm and not the blade. 

I truly feel as though it's the worst tool in the entire lineup. Like you said AVC and/or more mass would improve it as well as more power. There's so many ways to make it a much more refined and pleasant tool. 

Not all are created equal, but I agree. I have a dinosaur corded porter cable Tiger Saw that runs like a sewing machine compared to Dewalt. Better trigger, better shoe, better ergonomics, and it cuts about 4x as fast with practically no vibration in comparison...it just has a damn cord (which I hate), and it's heavy...but what a difference. Only thing the Dewalt really has going for it is the easier blade change, but the stupid lever flops around all over the place because of the vibration and poorly engineered design (no spring...why?). It's also underpowered which I also believe leads to more punishment on the user because it's too slow to force blade motion with the short stroke length which means the tool is moving your arm and not the blade. 

I truly feel as though it's the worst tool in the entire lineup. Like you said AVC and/or more mass would improve it as well as more power. There's so many ways to make it a much more refined and pleasant tool. 

This is why I think the M18 Fuel sawzall does better a more powerful motor plus more weight. I think its usually a pound heavier than most other brands saws and makes a big difference. The old non fuel sawzall worked but wasn't that great either the fuel was a huge improvement from the previous model

yup just cause they come out with a new model doesn't always mean better........I got some old stuff that you just can't beat.....don't look as nice but takes a lickin and keeps on tickin......

I would like to see the following brushless tools from Dewalt if only for the innovation that completion brings: circ saw, recip, grinder and jigsaw (barrel grip). In addition to the Dewalt 20v platform I am invested in Makita 18v, so most of the bases are already covered for me (or will be by the early part of next year), but it would be nice to have choices for those brushless tools I don't have yet.

I think Dewalt reciprocating saws are some of the worst as far as vibration but I have no idea what the problem is.  Pressing the shoe against a stable workpiece with some dewalt saws feels like I'm cutting mid-blade and throwing my weight into another saw.

The only good use for a cordless dewalt reciprocating saw is vibrating concrete forms.

• Like 1

I think Dewalt reciprocating saws are some of the worst as far as vibration but I have no idea what the problem is.  Pressing the shoe against a stable workpiece with some dewalt saws feels like I'm cutting mid-blade and throwing my weight into another saw.

The only good use for a cordless dewalt reciprocating saw is vibrating concrete forms.

lol. No concrete vibrator needed. 

A grinder with a standard lock-on design. As much as I like Dewalt I think their grinder in unwieldy and cumbersome, especially in the tight spots are smaller more precise guts that I use a cordless grinder for. Every other brand Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, HItachi, Hilti... puts out a more compact cordless which you can use with one hand or change your grip if required to get into a tight spot, Dewalt makes an unwieldy behemoth of a grinder that really limits the ways it can be held and used and isnt even particularly powerful. It is one of the only 20V max tools i refuse to buy. 

Thats my rant lol;)

But seriously, please Dewalt put out a standard grinder design. If its so dangerous why can you make a much more powerfull corded grinders in the standard small grinder configuration I would buy one tomorrow