Just an idea

BMack37

This forum has one of my favorite things a forum has, comradery. Forum members here help each other and offer different opinions instead of arguing... but then we pretty much have to refer to everyone by their screen name. How about adding "Name" (first name) above "Location" under the avatar and post count? So when anyone posts, if we quote them we can refer to them by what they go by in day-to-day life instead of a relatively impersonal screenname. Just a thought.

This is where I'm talking about for clarification:

RIweGtX.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly most people call me Kruton that are my friends so I'm good either way since I would consider you guys friends, I'm cool. If not an additional line maybe if you don't mind going by your first name you can put your name as a signature to your messages. I think wigwag does that. Just a thought brother.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

if I mentioned my real name no one would believe it anyway.....so I don't bother......hint.....I'm a trust fund baby......

First name, nickname, whatever...even if it is your user name, something a friend would call you. I'm a full believer in keeping anonymity online to protect yourself, so I definitely would NOT request full name for all to see...especially if you're like me with a unique last name. The thing that initiated this post was I saw a member refer to another member as a number from their username. That felt soo impersonal, though I know that wasn't the intent. I just felt as though that impersonal greeting didn't fit the tone of this forum, think it may also drive more users when they see everyone refering to each other by name/nickname...I've seen in on other forums, specifically cigar forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, I dropped the ball on this one.  For some reason I thought this was done.  Give it another try and let me know if it works.  When I set up the new forum, I only had it applied to new members and Mods.  I changed it so it should let existing members make this change.  If not I will look further into it.