New 10.8v Platform Brushless Drills

kornomaniac

An extra dc-dc inverter would probably not take up much more space inside the charger. You'd still could have the same voltage regulator and computer stuff. Same transformer, PFC and filter circuitry etc...

It would not need to be more than 10-15 % more expensive, tops.

And most important: this proces to me that Makita is going to take their new 10.8 / 12v max platform Very seriously.

Compared to their old lackluster 10.8v offerings this is looking decent. Fastest charger in the 12v category. Decent amperage batteries.

Very good ergonimic grips.

Slide batteries.

And Makita is showing that they are willing to make 12v brushless tools for the platform.

I like :)

So over the last month I've noticed that they don't have stick batteries for new 12v, are they going to make the 12v sticks disappear or run them together, that could get a little overwhelming from a new buyers perspective.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only imagine that the old line will dissappear. Batteries/tools/ charger are not interchangeable.

@chewie

Depends on what size you are looking at. In height these are obvious bigger then bosch's offerings.

But in head lenght this new brushless 10.8 / 12v model DF332 by Makita had one OD the if not the shortest head lenght available :)

That's awesome for Makita. In my opinion, 10-12v is the perfect size and weight for most applications.

Add some brushless love and a competitive price, you have a winner!

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Until I got into the 12v line I would have thought you were crazy, but I can't agree more. I always grab for the 12v's first just because what you mentioned, the size and power.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Until I got into the 12v line I would have thought you were crazy, but I can't agree more. I always grab for the 12v's first just because what you mentioned, the size and power.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am an electrician , I was laughed at when I first pulled out the 12v stuff a few years ago. Now everyone is using them!

You just can't beat them for overall convenience.

I love my 18v Hilti stuff but I will always have the 12v in my bag.

I am an electrician , I was laughed at when I first pulled out the 12v stuff a few years ago. Now everyone is using them!

You just can't beat them for overall convenience.

I love my 18v Hilti stuff but I will always have the 12v in my bag.

I have a bunch of m12 tools and they are great, good power vs compactness especially when I'm doing electrical stuff, you don't always need all that power and torques.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shows 60 minutes on your link, where are you seeing less than 15-30 minutes?

I dont think i mentioned 15-30 minutes anywhere ? :P

Its 60 minutes for a 4 amp battery.

I know that the old Makita/ Bosch / dewalt need 50 minutes for a 1.5 amp.

Maybe hilti/Milwaukee goes faster ? :)

Here in belgium atleast the hilti 12v is 40 minutes for 2.5 amp batteries. So thats slightly slower then the Makita.

I find it harder to find the charging times for Milwaukee m12 but i believe also an hour for a 4.0 amp on their newer rapid charger.

Any m12 owners that can tell me if rapid charger comes standard with a tool kit ?

Here in belgium atleast the hilti 12v is 40 minutes for 2.5 amp batteries. So thats slightly slower then the Makita.

I find it harder to find the charging times for Milwaukee m12 but i believe also an hour for a 4.0 amp on their newer rapid charger.

Any m12 owners that can tell me if rapid charger comes standard with a tool kit ?

34 mins for the Hilti 2.6ah 12v in N.A.!

That's 1 hour and 8 minutes for a 5.2ah battery!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4256d848634a7c82b724f5e287ad0659.jpg