Started "Trying" to clean my garage/shop....

Bigmikez

So I've really been neglecting my garage lately just haven't had the time be home but last night I started and this is where I'm at so far I still have lots Togo but we have a family party today so I gots get ready, I kinda modified my workbench a lil by lifting the bottom shelf a bit and taking half out so that I can store more under there, kinda wish I would've taken out the other half to but I don't k ow what u what do with the bags and cases ad I still have lots to go u guys dot even wanna see the rest lol!! While I was out here in the garage this morning the mail man had a box for me and it was from a great friend on here Regopit Thank u brotha this light is awesome!! Sorry crew I haven't been able to give back to u guys my funds have seriously sucked this year but things are looking a lot better hopefully I'll be done real soon with paying everything off and I'll be back on my feet, Thank u crew u guys really are #1!! Oh and it's my first Festool!! So that's awesome!! Thanks Carrol!!

• Like 2

Great job Mike.

My garage is disaster right now too. I finally was able to get rid of all the drywall scraps from the sunroom project to get my car back in. The bench is still buried under stuff that need to be put away. Probably spend Sunday morning to clean it up and start putting stuff away.

• Like 1

Great job Mike.

My garage is disaster right now too. I finally was able to get rid of all the drywall scraps from the sunroom project to get my car back in. The bench is still buried under stuff that need to be put away. Probably spend Sunday morning to clean it up and start putting stuff away.

. Thanks bro!! Isn't it amazing how fast everything can pile up in the garage or shop yet take so long to reorganize, man I'm hoping during Christmas vacation I can finish up...

Looks awesome dude, looks like few tool is going to have you hooked! My garage is always a train wreck, although it's not really my grave I just have my allocated corner that I slowly take everything over from my old man lol. Love your set up though dude!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

great job so far, you realize you will never finish this because as soon as you do you will have something new and you have to figure out where to put it........it's an on going battle while I have been doing mine I realize I just have to much stuff 

• Like 1

great job so far, you realize you will never finish this because as soon as you do you will have something new and you have to figure out where to put it........it's an on going battle while I have been doing mine I realize I just have to much stuff

. Man Comp ur so right bro! I was looking at the other side and wondering still...damn!! What am I gonna do with the rest of it lol!! I still haven't even unboxed the Tablesaw I got on Black Friday cus I don't know where set it up yet

Mike, let me guess, TIA got your jealous with their epic garage cleanup project? :P I like the picture where you took out half the bottom of the workbench to store your boxes, looks real neat, and I even noticed the shop tunes box hehe. And that light looks like its CREE based, and if it is, your going to be impressed with it gurranteed. :)

. Yes sir!! That really periscope really got my wheels turning proto I've really been letting it go. The cree light u see proto our bosses at the shop bought them for us like 2 yrs ago really awesome lights man I use them for everything from working under the cars in the attic or just looking for something outside at night really great lights!

. Yes sir!! That really periscope really got my wheels turning proto I've really been letting it go. The cree light u see proto our bosses at the shop bought them for us like 2 yrs ago really awesome lights man I use them for everything from working under the cars in the attic or just looking for something outside at night really great lights!

Dude I've been cleaning everything I come into contact with lately, what's gone over me?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I've really been neglecting my garage lately just haven't had the time be home but last night I started and this is where I'm at so far I still have lots Togo but we have a family party today so I gots get ready, I kinda modified my workbench a lil by lifting the bottom shelf a bit and taking half out so that I can store more under there, kinda wish I would've taken out the other half to but I don't k ow what u what do with the bags and cases ad I still have lots to go u guys dot even wanna see the rest lol!! While I was out here in the garage this morning the mail man had a box for me and it was from a great friend on here Regopit Thank u brotha this light is awesome!! Sorry crew I haven't been able to give back to u guys my funds have seriously sucked this year but things are looking a lot better hopefully I'll be done real soon with paying everything off and I'll be back on my feet, Thank u crew u guys really are #1!! Oh and it's my first Festool!! So that's awesome!! Thanks Carrol!!

I wouldn't be thanking Carroll, Mike. I'd be going to RI and kicking him squarely in the Mommy Daddy Button! Your doomed dude. Now, get yourself a DC unit.....maybe the Mini or the Midi? Then a TS. Then a Router. Then a CXS (the best most useful drill on the planet......period) or T18. Then a Carvex. Then another router. Oh! I need two more sanding units! Wait! An MFT/3???? Oh I gotsta have that! Holy crap! A Kapex????? My wife won't notice! Next thing you know, your laying in a ditch with some dog, trying to keep warm,happens to be a German Shepherd. Clutching a McDonalds kids meal bag with a couple of stale fries wondering......"how the heck did I get in this ditch"?????? And why the heck is my wallet empty?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Seriously. Really cool stuff. I've got that light, I bought it on the recon sale and it's quite the work light! That was really cool of Regopit too!

• Like 1

me too, come to think of it I could have a garage....it's the $30,000 I don't want to spend on getting one.....

I absolutely love my Wife Comp, but she's dead set on a garage for our house. I think I have convinced her especially as I want to retire in three years. I don't want to add 30k to my mortgage! I will say I might be building or buying (probably the later) a 14x28 shed that I will finish. I'll have 220 serve pice for it and it will be my Woodshop. But it's like 6k as opposed to 30k :)

You are trying to keep your mind off of something that is bothering you. Eventually your subconcious will bring things to light and force you to face those issues which are bothering you.

Hmm, here I thought I was just bothered by clutter...

Getting deep her at TiA lol

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love my Wife Comp, but she's dead set on a garage for our house. I think I have convinced her especially as I want to retire in three years. I don't want to add 30k to my mortgage! I will say I might be building or buying (probably the later) a 14x28 shed that I will finish. I'll have 220 serve pice for it and it will be my Woodshop. But it's like 6k as opposed to 30k :)

ya true enough, problem with me is we have a 109 yr old house probably 80% restored/renovated and I mean new everything not just wallpaper...lol anyway the area are pretty much all older restored homes and if a garage was part of it then so be it but to add one after the fact it would have to be done pretty extensively just to make it look like it was there from the beginning sorta the other problem is the cost to have it totally winterized heating ect ect.....just not suitable for this house and we love the house so much it would be pretty tough to move, I could easily sell this house for a small fortune as it is in a very desired area but I couldn't see myself in a new sub division with some guy telling me I have to have gray garbage cans......if ya know what I mean.....

Totally agree Comp. my parents moved to a community in Florida and they cannot do anything with out association permission. I pay taxes. I pay the mortgage. That's My part of America. No thanks, I'll stay on my own property! When I went to architectural school I learned about variances and what not and can completely understand their reasoning but I would have a hard time living in a historic area because I like to do my own work and make it my own. I feel for you dude, having to make that kind of a garage would certainly cost a fortune.

I wouldn't be thanking Carroll, Mike. I'd be going to RI and kicking him squarely in the Mommy Daddy Button! Your doomed dude. Now, get yourself a DC unit.....maybe the Mini or the Midi? Then a TS. Then a Router. Then a CXS (the best most useful drill on the planet......period) or T18. Then a Carvex. Then another router. Oh! I need two more sanding units! Wait! An MFT/3???? Oh I gotsta have that! Holy crap! A Kapex????? My wife won't notice! Next thing you know, your laying in a ditch with some dog, trying to keep warm,happens to be a German Shepherd. Clutching a McDonalds kids meal bag with a couple of stale fries wondering......"how the heck did I get in this ditch"?????? And why the heck is my wallet empty?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Really nice light bro, Regos a great guy

Seriously. Really cool stuff. I've got that light, I bought it on the recon sale and it's quite the work light! That was really cool of Regopit too!

. Bahahahahah!!!Thanks Chris!k Rego welcomed me to the Festool snob club and I'm damn proud of it!! Lol!! Oh man would I LOvE a Apex in the shop
  • Like 1

Totally agree Comp. my parents moved to a community in Florida and they cannot do anything with out association permission. I pay taxes. I pay the mortgage. That's My part of America. No thanks, I'll stay on my own property! When I went to architectural school I learned about variances and what not and can completely understand their reasoning but I would have a hard time living in a historic area because I like to do my own work and make it my own. I feel for you dude, having to make that kind of a garage would certainly cost a fortune.

nice thing too is now that the kids are grown up the basement was the best option, the house is huge for the wife and 2 dogs so sacrificing half of the basement with a private entrance was perfect plus once the door is shut no neighbors see what is going on. plus the rest of the house has it's 4 bedrooms still so if any of the kids came home they are still there the way they left them pretty much......not much chance of that 2 of them bought their own homes now......