What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Got my order of trusty cook blemished hammers today. It is crazy what they consider a blem! Shipped yesterday and got them today.

IMG_20160308_200050_zpsc05bxyj0.jpg

IMG_20160308_183932665_zpswvnqlal0.jpg

IMG_20160308_183951572_zps9baz1cyk.jpg

IMG_20160308_184002478_zpsibajxiei.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There's something so beautiful about those hammers. How much?

4 hours ago, mohawkdec said:

couple of items came today. im hoping to compare the dewalt to my brothers bosch 360 which i feel is the king, at the moment, im going to use my ipod which has nothing but full cd quality tracks on it, no mp3 crap, being the old hippie i am i like my music clear and loud. the other item is high on my list for work items, and its a good pair of work pants. every since carhartt decided to leave us, i started to check out european style clothing, ive had mascot brand for almost two years now, and havnt broke them yet, this is my first pair of blaklader. i got 3 pairs of carhartt  this past xmass, 2 are in the repair pile, one with a left blown out left knee, and the other the rear pocket decided to leave my ass and rip off

NCM_0441.JPG

NCM_0509.JPG

I can't say anything about the Bosch, but that radio has no problems putting the Milwaukee to shame.

• Like 1

The hammers have to go on the back burner for now. No more tools for the next couple months. I've got bad synchros on my car, need to rebuild the motor, Aka scrap the whole thing. So I have to get a new set of wheels which means I have to finish my project vehicle this month.

8 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

The hammers have to go on the back burner for now. No more tools for the next couple months. I've got bad synchros on my car, need to rebuild the motor, Aka scrap the whole thing. So I have to get a new set of wheels which means I have to finish my project vehicle this month.

ok synchros in transmission and rebuild motor? 2 different issues?...

10 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

There's something so beautiful about those hammers. How much?

Sptting image of my SnapOn ones. The  only difference i see is my Snapon ones have dual handle material,but the shape looks exactly the same.

Sptting image of my SnapOn ones. The  only difference i see is my Snapon ones have dual handle material,but the shape looks exactly the same.

I know those cook hammers aren't rebrands, but I wonder if conductor knows if there are any rebranded cheaper hammers that we should know about.

Got my kids a Crescent Taiwanese kit. Took the ratchets apart for lubeage internals look alot like my Proto. The Wrenches are alot like my GearWrenches. Decent kit.

I got the exact same kit for Christmas when I was 13. It has since been broken up into toolboxes, but you won't be disappointed with the quality on any of those. The only problem I've had is with the ratcheting box ends. The ratchets hold up extremely well if they are lubed. They very well could be rebranded gear wrench as they are made by Apex Tool Group. *cough 50% off coupon *cough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

I got the exact same kit for Christmas when I was 13. It has since been broken up into toolboxes, but you won't be disappointed with the quality on any of those. The only problem I've had is with the ratcheting box ends. The ratchets hold up extremely well if they are lubed. They very well could be rebranded gear wrench as they are made by Apex Tool Group. *cough 50% off coupon *cough.

oh wow I just remembered I got 3 of those coupons left......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

That blows. Didn't you say you drove a Honda.

Stopped in a random pawn shop for the hell of it. Dig around and find a bunch of new in packaging Dremel bits and flex shaft attachment. The only used bits are the lower left and only two of those are used, though I am missing a couple from one of the collet packs. Everything in this pic cost $20

tbcBi47.jpg

• Like 3