What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

So what are you gonna do with 12 glue guns?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have 13... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll probably sell a few at our garage sale this weekend and give a few away to friends.

I was really after all the quick clamps. The glue guns were a bonus.

• Like 2

I have 13... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll probably sell a few at our garage sale this weekend and give a few away to friends.

I was really after all the quick clamps. The glue guns were a bonus.

That's kind of what I thought but thought maybe you just really liked hot gluing things! I grabbed one around Christmas since it was a hard deal to pass up.

• Like 1

That's kind of what I thought but thought maybe you just really liked hot gluing things! I grabbed one around Christmas since it was a hard deal to pass up.

Don't get me wrong, I do love hot glue! Quick fixes, it's fantastic. I also put large amounts on the bottom of chairs, tables and stools and it keeps from scratching floors.

• Like 2

Just now, james mims said:

I got me a kreg circular saw guide today for when I just don't need my table saw

Those look nice, I've been watching a clearance one at HD but still more than i want to pay for now, let us know how it is!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

I've been waiting for Monday all weekend. I have a significant delivery scheduled tomorrow to finish my Tough Wall.

Excellent, at least you know when your stuff is coming, I think my certain red family addition was ordered before they even had in stock, so i don't know when to expect it! haha

• Like 1

My weekend started off with a lot of crap. Literally.

The toilet on the first floor of my house was erupting like Mount Vesuvius every time we drained water upstairs - bath, dishes, toilet, didn't matter.  So, I figured I there was a clog somewhere between the house and the septic.

Out came the trusty Ridgid snake.  Well, 20m later, nothing was happening and it broke - wouldn't retract into the housing anymore.  Oh well - sounds like an excuse to get that Ryobi 18v snake I've been eyeballing for a while. Perfect!

IMG_4591.JPG

I get home from the Depot, eager to try out my new toy.  Well, the Ryobi has a 25' auger cable.  It went all the way in and did nothing at all.  So, after a few more tries, I remembered there was a beast drain auger at the depot on clearance.  I got up early and, after a quick drive down the road, this beauty came home with me for the bargain price of $250 - half off!

IMG_4590.JPG

Meet my new Ridgid K-400.  75' of 3/8", solid core goodness ready to tackle anything that I could throw at it.  Sure enough, about four hours later, this beast finally broke through what was probably 15' of clogged gunk and grease (gotta have a chat with the nanny on what is ok and what is NOT ok to flush) and the drains started working again.  Now I just have to deal with the HomeOwners insurance to get them to rebuild my bathroom, but that's another story.

Anyway, when all was said and done, not only can we flush, I've got not one but TWO new drain augers for any future clogs that show their ugly faces!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, james mims said:

I got me a kreg circular saw guide today for when I just don't need my table saw

They work pretty well, I've found. The key is making sure that it's well clamped down so that it doesn't drift mid-cut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khariV said:

The toilet on the first floor of my house was erupting like Mount Vesuvius every time we drained water upstairs - bath, dishes, toilet, didn't matter.  So, I figured I there was a clog somewhere between the house and the septic.

Out came the trusty Ridgid snake.  Well, 20m later, nothing was happening and it broke - wouldn't retract into the housing anymore.  Oh well - sounds like an excuse to get that Ryobi 18v snake I've been eyeballing for a while. Perfect!

IMG_4591.JPG

I get home from the Depot, eager to try out my new toy.  Well, the Ryobi has a 25' auger cable.  It went all the way in and did nothing at all.  So, after a few more tries, I remembered there was a beast drain auger at the depot on clearance.  I got up early and, after a quick drive down the road, this beauty came home with me for the bargain price of $250 - half off!

IMG_4590.JPG

Meet my new Ridgid K-400.  75' of 3/8", solid core goodness ready to tackle anything that I could throw at it.  Sure enough, about four hours later, this beast finally broke through what was probably 15' of clogged gunk and grease (gotta have a chat with the nanny on what is ok and what is NOT ok to flush) and the drains started working again.  Now I just have to deal with the HomeOwners insurance to get them to rebuild my bathroom, but that's another story.

Anyway, when all was said and done, not only can we flush, I've got not one but TWO new drain augers for any future clogs that show their ugly faces!

My dad has that K-400 snake and it works great. He bought it at an auction a couple years ago brand new in the box for $150! They are very nice to have.

10 hours ago, khariV said:

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4590.JPG

WelI that's a load of bullshit! :)

• Like 1