What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

8 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

No tools but  I got the top for my workbench and it needs A LOT of sanding so  I picked up some Diablo belts for my belt sander.

IMG_3067.JPG

looks like a nice solid bench top

1 hour ago, DaveJr. said:

No tools but  I got the top for my workbench and it needs A LOT of sanding so  I picked up some Diablo belts for my belt sander.

IMG_3067.JPG

those are some of the best belts ive used long life.. want to try the ceramic belts but ouch they are expensive

2 hours ago, comp56 said:

took the smaller R4516 Ridgid saw back and picked up the R4513 instead, didn't like the fence on the small one....

20160411_130312.jpg

so interesting thing happened to me, I get home with new saw, open it up and start putting it all together....notice the fence does not have a micro adjust and a few other little thing different than the one they had on display had. Turns out they still have a R4510 on display and are selling the R4513. To the naked eye you probably wouldn't notice it but there are differences. 

The Throat plate is rectangle on r4513 but oval on r4510
The throat plate is held down by magnets on r4513 but a spring lock on r4510
The throat plate is leveled with regular philips pan head screws on r4513 and tiny hex screws on r4510
R4513 comes with a different fence thats lacking the micro adjust wheel that r4510 has
R4513 comes with a different push stick
R4513 comes with a different miter gauge
R4513 has blade healing hex screws on the back of saw while r4510 has them on the table top.
R4513 has a motar housing thats bolted to the rack and pinion bevel adjustment and it fully locks in place.

so I point all this out to the sales manager and tell him I still want the saw, but it wasn't right they have an old saw not available on display....... so he took $50 off price and refunded me the difference.

• Like 5

This lists online for $15... On clearance online for $12. It's an old Christmas deal along with the Glue Guns, Tape measure and clamp combos.

Yea that had it in a stack, but I've see a Dewalt drill bit set that is in the same metal index for 60, I have to stop by HD later I'll post a picture.

so interesting thing happened to me, I get home with new saw, open it up and start putting it all together....notice the fence does not have a micro adjust and a few other little thing different than the one they had on display had. Turns out they still have a R4510 on display and are selling the R4513. To the naked eye you probably wouldn't notice it but there are differences. 

The Throat plate is rectangle on r4513 but oval on r4510

The throat plate is held down by magnets on r4513 but a spring lock on r4510

The throat plate is leveled with regular philips pan head screws on r4513 and tiny hex screws on r4510

R4513 comes with a different fence thats lacking the micro adjust wheel that r4510 has

R4513 comes with a different push stick

R4513 comes with a different miter gauge

R4513 has blade healing hex screws on the back of saw while r4510 has them on the table top.

R4513 has a motar housing thats bolted to the rack and pinion bevel adjustment and it fully locks in place.

so I point all this out to the sales manager and tell him I still want the saw, but it wasn't right they have an old saw not available on display....... so he took $50 off price and refunded me the difference.

You should REALLY go back and try to buy the R4510 Display. Since it's an old, outdated model, it might be CHEAP.

18 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Those look nice, I've been watching a clearance one at HD but still more than i want to pay for now, let us know how it is!

well didn't get to use it much but it was nice to set a size from 1-24 in and just rip it I did have to tighten it down a lot kinda messed up the base a lil bit but o well. only reason I care is because I just got my Makita magnesium circular saw like 6 wks ago and was still all pretty lol.. that is a badass saw btw if anyone was wondering.. sooo comfortable I wanted the skill magnesium but the Makita just felt so much nicer in my hand just felt right u know

• Like 1

well didn't get to use it much but it was nice to set a size from 1-24 in and just rip it I did have to tighten it down a lot kinda messed up the base a lil bit but o well. only reason I care is because I just got my Makita magnesium circular saw like 6 wks ago and was still all pretty lol.. that is a badass saw btw if anyone was wondering.. sooo comfortable I wanted the skill magnesium but the Makita just felt so much nicer in my hand just felt right u know

Hypoid?