Knipex Comfort Grip

Santi_78342

What Jimbo said, if you're going to use them a lot, comfort grip. The plastic grip is nicer than most others, so don't worry if you go that route either.

I like to buy my Knipex from Amazon/Amazon Warehouse as well as Sears. If you monitor slickdeals.net about points, you can earn a lot with little effort and get Knipex pliers for really reasonable prices. Over the last three months I managed to buy 11 pair of Knipex pliers, total spent out of pocket was only $71, normal Amazon or KCtool prices would have equaled $400. Keeping in mind that I also get a lot of $10 off $20 coupons for tools from Sears, and most of the time I can use points on top of that. $10 off of Knipex alone makes it pretty reasonable. Before you buy from Sears, check Amazon and KC tool for prices. Also I haven't purchased from JB tools but their prices seem lower than KC...I think I recall hearing that Chad's toolbox also offers good prices. 

Yeah I love my Knipex Pliers wrench and insulated long noses. I have the original grip on the Pliers wrench and the insulated grip on my other ones is similar to the comfort grip.  It's really a matter of taste. For the pliers wrench I kinda like the plasti-dip style as it's really skinny and lets me toggle it with my pinky better when using it in a ratcheting fashion.  You really can't go wrong either way, they are just top notch quality and engineering. The Pliers wrench is my favorite hand tool period. It can be used for almost anything, including straightening out small sheet metal things and fixing the edges of painters tools or putty knifes that hit nails etc. 

I got my Pliers wrench at Sears with a coupon and ended up paying like half price for it. It's worth the full price though, can replace a box of pliers and wrenches when you think about it.

I think the Comfort grip is very much worth it. Have some of both, and while I regret that I didn't bought on some, others don't have that alternative.

The comfort grip is very nice, gives you more power, or at least the sensation of it. :) But takes up a little more space, which possibly can be a negative in some hard to reach places.

If you do much work with electrical components I'd say skip over comfort grip and go straight to vde.  Depending on the pliers I find their insulated handles are some of the few that don't get in the way and are just as comfortable as normal comfort grips.  It's nice not to have one pair of a given type of pliers rather than a nice pair and an insulated pair, and it's cheaper in the long run.

The plastic dipped handles I believe are meant less as a budget option and more for environments where solvents could degrade the soft grip.  It's just a waste to try to save a few bucks when buying some of the nicest pliers available.

I have bough a few non comfort grips just because of deals on HD or Amazon Warehouse deals. I'm not using them daily so, but do like Knipex quality when I do, so I will deal with out the comfort grip in that case. I will say the pliers wrench is the best invention ever!!

• Like 2

I have bough a few non comfort grips just because of deals on HD or Amazon Warehouse deals. I'm not using them daily so, but do like Knipex quality when I do, so I will deal with out the comfort grip in that case. I will say the pliers wrench is the best invention ever!!

I agree, the pliers wrench was the only reason I got into Knipex in the first place. Those things are great.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dikes, never heard of (at least not in this setting). Googled it, and it looked juat like regular sidecutters?

Especially on the mini bolt cutters, I really like the comfort handles. Using them to cut of electrodes and 5-6mm hardened screws really is demanding on both tools and hand. But then again, my hands are pretty soft. :P

I've always heard the word "Dyke" to be the most derogatory way to describe a lesbian with "manly" traits. It's a reallly offensive way to describe one, it's about one notch under "N*gg*r"

I'd avoid using it to describe anything around anyone you don't know, it's not worth the hassle. Some people get offended without knowing what the intention of the use of the word, it's not worth the headache of dealing with someone on their soapbox...and at work, you'll get in trouble for knocking them off that soapbox. 

• Like 1

I've always heard the word "Dyke" to be the most derogatory way to describe a lesbian with "manly" traits. It's a reallly offensive way to describe one, it's about one notch under "N*gg*r"

I'd avoid using it to describe anything around anyone you don't know, it's not worth the hassle. Some people get offended without knowing what the intention of the use of the word, it's not worth the headache of dealing with someone on their soapbox...and at work, you'll get in trouble for knocking them off that soapbox.

Can I use it in a description like that road is as flat as a dykes chest?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1