compact recip saw?

rrich1

In my opinion it depends more on how heavy the cut is than needing one handed operation or close quarters.  If you're cutting PVC, conduit, or unistrut it leaves your other hand free to hold the workpiece down and the lack of power and short stroke length don't make a big difference.  If you need to cut in a small space a barrel grip jigsaw is much better.

I rarely have the option to use one, but when I do I remember there's a good reason for that.

If you want something for close quarters, I hear makita's barrel grip jigsaw will cut large timbers faster than their recip saw

I have the non fuel and it is a nice little saw, great for little areas, it cuts EMT and pvc pretty easy, wood obviously it struggles because you can bog it down, but that's where the fuel comes in, fuel is a little bigger though as well.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the non fuel version as well, (12v) and I use it on emt whenever I do emt.

A big thing is using it to cut small diameter pipes that have been in use for years, and my hand shears would crack and split the pipe, because it becomes brittle over the years. Use the m12 hackzall on it and super effective. So I don't use it for real high power demand jobs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It depends on the size of the job. I have the Milwaukee M18 fuel sawzall and hackzall. On big demo jobs I use the sawzall but for just about everything else I like using the small guy. One hand control makes it nice to use. It allows you to hold the saw and the work.

I actually have several battery operated hacksaws, the ones I use the most are my m12. I have 2, 1 setup to cut metal and the other to cut wood. And I have the Ridgid one that is nice and small for tight spots that is part of a really cool interchangeable head system.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

I actually have several battery operated hacksaws, the ones I use the most are my m12. I have 2, 1 setup to cut metal and the other to cut wood. And I have the Ridgid one that is nice and small for tight spots that is part of a really cool interchangeable head system.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

Fuel or no fuel?

I ended up going to HD today. The promo brushless kit I just purchased last week dropped another $30 to $249. I returned the kit and the ryobi driver. I repurchased the makita kit and bought a makita compact sawzall with part of the price adjustment.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk