Say news for frequent HD shoppers...

DPSElias

So I was in Home Depot this morning picking up my Milwaukee tool chest and of course I could leave without purchasing some more stuff. When I was checking out I asked them to match the 5% lowes discount and to my surprise they said we don't do that anymore.....so I asked what do they match and they said they no longer match lowes not even the movers coupon.....why would HD do this? They aren't always cheaper than lowes most things are the same price. I feel like they might be shooting themselves in the foot.

Is anyone else seeing this in there areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can understand why they did it, the Lowe's coupon is basically an endless supply. Same with the HF coupons, if they ever took them.

My HD's didn't match other's coupons so it's no change for me. I'm still happy with shopping at HD because Lowe's sucks.

our local HD store are the worst for any kind of price matching, don't even bother trying any more......no matter how good it is they will find 15 things to make it that it will not work. I had one girl tell me they don't price match on Saturdays.....lol I had one tell me I will have to wait 60 days in case their stock goes on sale?........waste of time.....

• Like 1

I can understand why they did this but it's not like there prices are already 5% cheaper, plus the 5% was suppose to only be for HD CC holders well that's at least what I was time when I opened mine up

I think they'll loose a lot of sales this way as now I can get said tool at Lowe's for 5% off except Milwaukee stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you use the googles, you'll find a lot of discussion about home depot no longer taking Lowes coupons. The thing is that every single one of these posts are from two to ten years ago. While I have no specific info on this new policy right now, I'd say let things cool down a bit and try in a few months. I think people went a bit berserk with stacking the Lowes coupons on top of the holiday sales and ruined it for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Swer15
    Newest Member
    Swer15