Dog bed/Window seat

LastOfTheVee8s

post-51515-0-53508900-1454368355_thumb.jpost-51515-0-98149900-1454368376_thumb.jpost-51515-0-61229000-1454368464_thumb.j

My dog loves to look out the window but has been destroying my sill so I decided to make him a bed that would raise him up and hopefully protect my window. I decided to build it with all pocket holes. I bought the Kreg mini pocket hole jig which worked pretty good. Used some black stain and then sanded it a bit for an antique look. The last picture doesn't do the " antique look" justice, but I will be going back and giving it a little more aggressive sanding to enhance the look. It's big but the dog loves it so I'm happy it worked out. Now to replace the sill...

• Like 7

awesome job, we have the same problem with our little dog, only about 8" tall but loves to be up high, built her a bed with stairs, stairs to get on the sofa, and stairs to get on our bed....stairs everywhere for the little one.... 

• Like 2

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

My dog loves to look out the window but has been destroying my sill so I decided to make him a bed that would raise him up and hopefully protect my window. I decided to build it with all pocket holes. I bought the Kreg mini pocket hole jig which worked pretty good. Used some black stain and then sanded it a bit for an antique look. The last picture doesn't do the " antique look" justice, but I will be going back and giving it a little more aggressive sanding to enhance the look. It's big but the dog loves it so I'm happy it worked out. Now to replace the sill...

That's nice. it's simple but useful for dog's bed. :)

Fantastic job and a cute dog too! Looks pretty happy with your antique look!

He looks happy in his new bed. for sure!

Millerz

• 2 weeks later...

Cool idea man,and good lookin pupper doo.

ive been toying with the idea of making a dog bed area but my dogs are large, the puppy is around 65 lbs or so herself currently.  and our older dog is a beast at around 100lbs(Husky/shepard mix)