What is your go to tape measure?

Stercorarius

I have nothing better to do man than just spread a coupon code online bro cut me some slack! I have tons of free time!!

"...but only this ONE code because there are tons of great deals, but I never tell anyone what those deals are even though everyone says there are no deals to be found"

• Like 1

"...but only this ONE code because there are tons of great deals, but I never tell anyone what those deals are even though everyone says there are no deals to be found"

I'm not a spammer, if helping you guys save tons of money is spamming well I guess thats what I am!

• Like 1

They actually are, they beat fatmax in vertical blade length, they have self-centering and magnetic tips, and the new Powercontrol series completely prevents pinch points. Not to mention they can be double-sided, single-sided, and in whatever measurements you can imagine, from SAE to Metric to Engineering, and the numbers can read either vertically or horizontally, whichever you prefer. Quite literally the largest selection of tape measures in the world.

Yes, they just so happen to be sold by Apex Tool Group, and Lufkin is quite literally the #1 seller of measuring tapes in the world, just not all of them are the tape measures that the standard person would use.

like this guy had all this info on the top of his head just waiting to help someone about tape measures.......but he doesn't want to talk about tools just get that 50% off code out there....

Lufkin: Not a Tape Measure for Standard People.....

what a tagline........

• Like 1

Is it bad that I actually really have the urge to buy a lufkin now? I mean I knew I was susceptible to marketing ploys but didn't know I am this susceptible. It's not even what was said, I just need to know.

Just watch a YouTube review on it to get your fill lol

Is it bad that I actually really have the urge to buy a lufkin now? I mean I knew I was susceptible to marketing ploys but didn't know I am this susceptible. It's not even what was said, I just need to know.

I know there are some that swear by them but the cost is not worth it in my opinion. You can better spend your money on other tools, in my opinion.

Love it, well done! Hello again friends! So since all my hard work and wonderful posts have been deleted, here is another reminder... 50% off great tools like this at store.apextoolgroup.com

Vertical blade length is a term that defines how long the blade can stand vertically before the tape breaks or bends (since all of you seem so knowledgable about the technicalities in products).

Example: Stanly Fatmax 25ft. has a 8ft length before the tape bends

Example: Lufkin Powercontrol Series 25ft has a 10ft length before the tape bends

So much hate, and yet "a deal is a deal"

Just out of curiosity, Stercorarious, where did you end up purchasing that wonderful Lufkin product from?

Love me or hate me, you can't get rid of me!

Hey glad to see you're still around partner. I picked it up at Lowes on my way to work. I'll have to put it through some pretty intensive testing before I can comment on quality. I know that this is more of an entry level product so I won't expect too much. As far as "vertical blade length" goes it is colloquially referred to as "stand out" among tradespeople. I'm confused as to why the self centering feature doesn't go the opposite way so instead of me measuring and it telling me the mid point it should instead tell me what my measure is a midpoint of. E.g. if I wanted to center a 25 1/2" chunk I would measure out untill the self centering side of the tape read 25 1/2" so 12 3/4". It really seems to be more likely to confuse me with two measurements than having to divide by two then add the fraction with the bottom number doubled to get the midpoint.
  • Like 1

I'm a Fastcap guy. They make awesome tapes. I have a Milwaukee one, it's nice. I also have a US made Stanley Bostitch Fatmax which is great. I keep a Kobalt tape in my truck which is actually a great tape too.

nothing ground breaking with a tape measure if you think about it if you find one that has the features you like your good to go, if it isn't accurate it is pretty much useless........

Yeah that is true with the exception of the Fastcaps. I love e belt clip and the pencil sharpener built in plus the erase able scratchpad on the face of the tape. Works out awesome. Also I have the burn one tapes in metric and imperial. Great for laying out new pieces.

Yeah that is true with the exception of the Fastcaps. I love e belt clip and the pencil sharpener built in plus the erase able scratchpad on the face of the tape. Works out awesome. Also I have the burn one tapes in metric and imperial. Great for laying out new pieces.

ok  ok maybe I should have said earth shattering instead of ground breaking.........lol

I probably looked like an idiot laughing in the middle of menards.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya you know somethings up when women with their children briskly walk by and all you hear in a whispering voice ..." don't look at him"....lol 

• Like 2

I'm surprised a certain member wasn't standing next to those tape measures telling you to buy them online with the discount code.

Explains the guy at the front door arguing with the manager over what no solicitation means.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1