Screen Protectors

ChrisK

While in the shop last night, I noted what I thought was a piece of sawdust on my iPhone 6+ screen. Ends up it was a chip and crack. Thankfully I had the foresight to buy a tempered glass screen protector from Amazon last year for my investment and it had cracked! I don't know what cause it, I'm assuming something shop related but regardless it save my phone. I am amazed at the quality of these protectors and if you don't have one get one.nthey work awesome. I ordered a new tempered glass protector on Amazon for less than 6.50 and will have it Friday. I have been shooting my videos on this phone and using it for documenting my projects (and obviously family) and having this beast protected I certainly worth it.

• Like 3

good thing you had that, but for me I am with jimbo on this one.......I realize it may help but it all depends what  you do with your phone how you do it and why you do it......I think differently though, 20 years ago you wouldn't wear your $600 fancy going out watch to work because you wouldn't want it to get dirty damaged or other, but today because of the way smart phones have taken us over most people have them half way up their arse 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are putting them up against some pretty tough tasks and expect them to survive.

• Like 1

I am in the no-screen protector category, but only because I rarely have my phone in the workshop.  Even though I might be consider a computer geek, I hardly use my iPhone, however my iPad is used quite heavily in the workshop has I keep all my plans and magazines on it.  It works great for my scroll saw patterns too, has my iPad is connected to our wireless laser printer.  Crossing-fingers, I have been pretty lucky so far with my iPad, no chips or scratches yet.

I've had the plastic sheet protectors on my phone and stopped using them because f bubbles. This tempered glass one has never distorted or had air bubbles. I can't wait to get the new one. Truthfully though, in my line of work, I'd be a fool not to have one though. This phone has documented serious crashes, been involved in dangerous work related incidents and gets dragged under heavy equipment almost daily during inspections. Then hanging out in the shop playing my wood talk podcasts or cranking iTunes it's a God send to have it protected!

Good to know you can make that work for you Chris. ... I've never had glass protectors on, so I can't immediately dismiss them, but I've used my wife's phone with otter box and it's nice, but just not for me right now I guess.

I always have it in its case on my side, almost never have it sitting outside the case, so its protected that way.

Is that Gorilla glass, Chris?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I've had the plastic sheet protectors on my phone and stopped using them because f bubbles. This tempered glass one has never distorted or had air bubbles. I can't wait to get the new one. Truthfully though, in my line of work, I'd be a fool not to have one though. This phone has documented serious crashes, been involved in dangerous work related incidents and gets dragged under heavy equipment almost daily during inspections. Then hanging out in the shop playing my wood talk podcasts or cranking iTunes it's a God send to have it protected!

I agree these days a smart phone has become essential to everyday life but the nature of the product has not become equal with environments it may have to face. Someday they might come with some kind of kevlar para-aramid synthetic fiber that can't be scratched or cracked......phones now are $500-$700 what would another $200 for a piece of glass that won't brake or scratch....

Carl, it's tempered glass, not gorilla glass. I used to use the otter box case but a couple of years ago switched to UAG. Awesome cases, rubber bumpers and smooth so they fit in a pocket. I do t wear my phone on my belt and keep it in my back pocket at home and in a breast pocket at work. Slides in and out smoothly whereas my otter box would get stuck because of the size and the rubber over molding.

lets face it some people need a case ok I get that but overall it is a money grabbing industry for this so called protection. sure it looks better when your phone is 2 years old but by then no one wants it anyway.......phones have about a 2-3 year shelf life.....

Yeah I'm not going all out any more. This one is mil spec with rubber corner bumpers. My brother is a plumber and has the life proof case but I don't like a gasket over the screen and the bulky feel. But it's saved his phone a few times especially from water damage. My phone has been saved I don't know how many times from dropping it on the floor.

Thanks Chris I gotta get one of these for the wifey a phone I still have the iPhone 4s I've been due for an upgrade for like 2years but this dang little phone won't die lol I've broken every phone I've ever owned except for this one this phone has been trough hell to from being dropped off our frame rack and car lift to being kicked across the shop from forgetting it on the floor I do have a fat otter box in it though so I know that's helped I was gonna upgrade this past weekend but I'm just gonna wait for the 7 to come out give that one to wifey and I'll keep her 6+ for me. Chris u bought off amazon what brand or what seller did u buy from?

I use the tempered glass ones on all my phones, especially cause i have a Note and it has a stylus that i use all the time. I was worried it would get a piece of sand on the time and scratch the screen otherwise.  I like the privacy ones too, they're good for kids that like to stand next to you while you discuss their Christmas presents over text.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris I gotta get one of these for the wifey a phone I still have the iPhone 4s I've been due for an upgrade for like 2years but this dang little phone won't die lol I've broken every phone I've ever owned except for this one this phone has been trough hell to from being dropped off our frame rack and car lift to being kicked across the shop from forgetting it on the floor I do have a fat otter box in it though so I know that's helped I was gonna upgrade this past weekend but I'm just gonna wait for the 7 to come out give that one to wifey and I'll keep her 6+ for me. Chris u bought off amazon what brand or what seller did u buy from?

Mike, here's the link. SOB came down a buck since I bought it last night!!!!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q651I4A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• Like 2