Putting in some flooring

Bigmikez

sweet deal, when doing this type of floating flooring I always have a damn cloth to wipe underside of each piece to remove any light dusting/cut dust before putting it in place.......looking good bro..... 

• Like 1

Finally done just have to get little things back in order I tried to load some pics but I guess I'm out of space I'll try to make some space tonight but if not I will post pics in morning I just hate to delete other pics :( plus my garage is trashed it allays happens after doing a project...

• Like 1

I tried deleting some old pics but it still won't let me upload [emoji20] I'm gonna keep trying...

Upload to pic sharing website like Kato wrote about.

You're welcome. They both have free accounts, at least I think Flickr still does. Photobucket does hurt image quality a little bit, Flickr was designed for photos so that's a better site to use. Either way it's a good way to keep photos online for use on forums and whatnot...

Now that I'm home and not on the phone, I can elaborate on my previous post. For Photobucket, if you're on one of your library pages, you can select the IMG code under the photo. If you're on the photo page, you can select the IMG code at the right...

Photobucket001.jpg

Photobucket002.jpg

For Flickr, you have to be on the photo page, then click the curved arrow. When you click the arrow a pop-up will show, it has options for grabbing the different types of code. You want the BBCode. Select the size you want to display, which for forums 1024 on the long side displays a nice-sized image...

Flickr%20Photo%20Posting%20001.jpg

Flickr%20Photo%20Posting%20002.jpg

If you use sites like Photobucket, Flickr, etc., you simply copy the codes and paste them into your post. With Photobucket you copy the IMG code, with Flickr you click the curved arrow on the photo page, then copy the BBCode and paste it into the post.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

What an improvement in your first pics! It looks like you picked the perfect color for your rooms, looks amazing.

Now time to make your garage look nice too!

Thanks It feels good to have invested a lil money to out home but Dude Carl I'm beat bro with doing both rooms and still working both jobs I can say I'm f$#*ing beat lol!! But yea bro I have to do something with my garage big time, really need to get it back into shape but guess what? my washer drain that goes into the wall is flowing back out again and the washer and dryer are in hallway next to both rooms that we just put the floors in :( so I'm gonna call off my second job and come home to try and resolve that problem..  I swear if it ain't one thing it's another...... I'll let u guys know how it goes 2marrow

• Like 1

Aw crap no way man! I just was at a place with that problem, but I was able to snake through their kitchen drain and clear it, because the two are fairly close together and it must run together at some point and the blockage was beyond that point. I took the snake up on the roof and went thru the vent that served the washer drain, but ran out of length on the snake. Luckily I was able to get it thru the kitchen drain.

It didn't help that the house is on a slab and no cleanout!

You say it's flowing back out again? As in it was doing it before?

Definitely don't want it flooding your new floors!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Aw crap no way man! I just was at a place with that problem, but I was able to snake through their kitchen drain and clear it, because the two are fairly close together and it must run together at some point and the blockage was beyond that point. I took the snake up on the roof and went thru the vent that served the washer drain, but ran out of length on the snake. Luckily I was able to get it thru the kitchen drain.

It didn't help that the house is on a slab and no cleanout!

You say it's flowing back out again? As in it was doing it before?

Definitely don't want it flooding your new floors!

Yes Carl AGAIN! Bro this just happened to us last year and I was able to snake it out so im hoping I can do it again but I wonder why this keeps happening? The other weird thing is I have 2 clean outs one by my front door and by the side of my garage so im gonna try those out hopefully cus I really don't want to rip out the drywall behind the washer and dryer......

Yes Carl AGAIN! Bro this just happened to us last year and I was able to snake it out so im hoping I can do it again but I wonder why this keeps happening? The other weird thing is I have 2 clean outs one by my front door and by the side of my garage so im gonna try those out hopefully cus I really don't want to rip out the drywall behind the washer and dryer......

There are several houses I know of that have two cleanouts so that's not uncommon.

How long does it take for water to start backing up once the pump on the washing machine kicks on? 2 seconds or 20 seconds or. ...?

Also do you know what material your drains are made of? What does the cleanout pipe look like? Cast iron or like terra cotta clay, or plastic?

buddy of mine had drain problems for years, turned out to be a tree root growing into the pipes, thing was the tree was on city property but the root was on his property ....he had to flip the bill........

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

There are several houses I know of that have two cleanouts so that's not uncommon.

How long does it take for water to start backing up once the pump on the washing machine kicks on? 2 seconds or 20 seconds or. ...?

Also do you know what material your drains are made of? What does the cleanout pipe look like? Cast iron or like terra cotta clay, or plastic?

its takes about 20-30 seconds for it to come back up and im not sure about what material the pipes are made of im gonna be checking them out today ill let you guys know later today...

excellent work on the floors, hope the plumbing goes smoothly. I had a similar problem with backed up drain pipes, and it turned out to be tree roots in the 6" main to the street.

maybe consider having a plumber come over and run a camera down there to diagnose the problem?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigmikez said:

So check this out crew a pipe in a pipe wtf?!?! Not normal right?

Huh wow, almost looks like the material from cast iron pipe that, the inside of those pipes start deteriorating, chunks of rust break off and work their way in certain spots, start backing up the whole system.  Then eventually, the pipe itself just ..... becomes nothing, a shell of its former self

Were you able to pull it out of there? Or break it up and flush it out?