Putting in some flooring

Bigmikez

So I missed out on my TIA forum most of the day yesterday but I know the crew is always holding down the crew ? so yesterday I got home and started ripping out the my kids carpet and I gotta say Thank u Comp for the blade you suggested bro it made life so much easier and the Bosch oscillating multi tool oh man I don't know how I went so long without it really saved my butt in a couple of tricky cuts, this was my first time putting down this kinda flooring so let me know what you guys think. My bedroom is next on the list so any tips from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Today I'm hoping to install the base boards up and I'm Not gonna lie guys my knees are killing me this morning lol! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomdog22 said:

the toll it takes on the knees is the worst part of flooring. Aleve is your friend, or something stronger...

My wife told me yesterday where's your knee pads I was like I don't them I'm good....... Yea right lol I'm definitely gonna be using them today lol!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

So I missed out on my TIA forum most of the day yesterday but I know the crew is always holding down the crew ? so yesterday I got home and started ripping out the my kids carpet and I gotta say Thank u Comp for the blade you suggested bro it made life so much easier and the Bosch oscillating multi tool oh man I don't know how I went so long without it really saved my butt in a couple of tricky cuts, this was my first time putting down this kinda flooring so let me know what you guys think. My bedroom is next on the list so any tips from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Today I'm hoping to install the base boards up and I'm Not gonna lie guys my knees are killing me this morning lol! 

great job on the floor, ya isn't funny how the simplest tools can make a job that much easier, or more enjoyable to do for that matter....

• Like 1

only suggestion while installing plank flooring like that is open several boxes and see how many times the pattern repeats to make sure you don't have sections side by side that are the same.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigmikez said:

Man Jimbo I love it bro I highly recommend it, I've heard nothing but good things about the milwaukee vac also but this one does a great job so handy to have.

Ive been hitting red lately but if i grab a vac it'll defiantly be yellow and black

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poisonfangs85 said:

Killer job on the floor mike! Turned out really good. Go give those knees a rest and a few beers!

Thank u bro!! Not bad for the first time next one will be a lil easier I hope ;) but yea man had the wifey stop by the store to pick me up some Reds apple ale felt good to finally sit back and relax.

2 hours ago, Millerzconstruction said:

Floor looks great man. A lot better than the carpet.

Millerz

Definitely man I couldn't believe how much dirt was coming out of it  when we were ripping it out plus my big boy and I have really bad allergies so hopefully this helps out a lot, I still my bedroom to do next but I'm gonna wait a week or 2. 

• Like 1