New gen 2 Fuel impact faulty

KnarlyCarl

Pulled the 2753 out of my truck yesterday morning, and it started giving me problems. Watch the video for what I mean. It eventually altogether died, and I will be sending it back for warranty.

Anyone know of this happening?

Chrisk, this is the one I bought from you, if you were wondering.

https://youtu.be/ErRWyIocM2g

In the background you can see a repair ring for a toilet flange I was working on. I used my m12 to finish the screws the 2753 couldn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's not defective. It just doesn't want to work on a toilet flange. I think when Chrisk bought it, it was promised that it would only be working on wood along side lots of Festool green, perhaps building a deck some day, not toilet gunk.

That's probably what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kato said:

Looks like a bad trigger to me, simple fix. If you're adventurous try to find a replacement part and do it yourself. I've done plenty of triggers, they're easy.

I wouldn't bother if the tool is this new, Milwaukee should look after anything needed to fix or replace....

• Like 4

I would bother, because if it was a tool I needed I wouldn't want to wait. Contact Milwaukee, box it up, send it out, wait for it to come back...I'm too impatient for that. Under warranty I understand, and I'd probably use the warranty, but when warranties run out your're ducked. Most of the time I weigh the pros and cons of warranty versus self-repair, and typically it's beneficial for me to just do it myself. If it's a matter of getting parts, I use the warranty. If it's something simple like a cold solder joint, loose wire, etc., I just do it myself. That's just me though, I'm kinda silly in the head...

16 minutes ago, Kato said:

I would bother, because if it was a tool I needed I wouldn't want to wait. Contact Milwaukee, box it up, send it out, wait for it to come back...I'm too impatient for that. Under warranty I understand, and I'd probably use the warranty, but when warranties run out your're ducked. Most of the time I weigh the pros and cons of warranty versus self-repair, and typically it's beneficial for me to just do it myself. If it's a matter of getting parts, I use the warranty. If it's something simple like a cold solder joint, loose wire, etc., I just do it myself. That's just me though, I'm kinda silly in the head...

no you are 100% right about the waiting times, however if I was in a position and needed the tool that bad for a daily operation, I would purchase another one while I was waiting and when the repaired one comes back either fixed or replaced I would return it. Now is that a proper way well it is Milwaukee that is putting you out so ya should have got a good one to start with. Granted this I would do if tool is as new as the one in question. if it were 3 months or more old I'd consider another option. Never mess with a man's bread and butter....well not this one anyway...lol

It's not defective. It just doesn't want to work on a toilet flange. I think when Chrisk bought it, it was promised that it would only be working on wood along side lots of Festool green, perhaps building a deck some day, not toilet gunk.

Lol this is good! Nice man I'm crying now ?

I swapped batteries, and made sure this battery worked on my drill and sawzall.

Looks like a bad trigger to me, simple fix. If you're adventurous try to find a replacement part and do it yourself. I've done plenty of triggers, they're easy.

Im adventurous on older things, but this will go back for warranty as planned, I've done it before, its painless and only takes a week til I get it back. I can use other drills to take its place while I wait, there's about a dozen other drills at work I could bum off someone if I really needed to.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Logan p said:

Looks like u need a new trigger from the Milwaukee stuff I've used its pretty common 

Huh, this is the first one I've encountered, and our company has dozens of Milwaukee power tools, only other occurrence was when one guy damaged his brushed M18 impact driver and it didn't do variable speed, just full speed whenever he pulled the trigger. But that has happened to the DeWalt drills, too. They weren't new, so no real surprise that it would malfunction at some point in time.

I've filled out the eservice warranty forms through Milwaukee website, if anyone is wondering, it's super easy, obviously wish I didn't have to do that to begin with, but it's quick and convenient, and makes me appreciate Milwaukee better for it.

• Like 2

So much for self tapping mode

Jimbo

Lol!

yeah protool it sucks but i have had excellent experience with their warranty service, I'm not mad, it's a mechanical item, never know

• Like 2

And I just found about this on chat. Carl, just give me a shout if there's a problem. I will add that's THREE brand new Milwaukees then that have needed warranty replacement. All brand new!!!! What the heck??????

• Like 1

On March 5, 2016 at 8:21 AM, khariV said:

Pah! It's red. It doesn't match green!!!

8 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

And I just found about this on chat. Carl, just give me a shout if there's a problem. I will add that's THREE brand new Milwaukees then that have needed warranty replacement. All brand new!!!! What the heck??????

Thanks chrisk, i'm not worried about it one bit, I just printed out the warranty shipping label, and it gets taken care of in a weeks time. 
I'm not sure what's going on with the three you have experienced, this is the first major breakdown of any Milwaukee tools we have had, and we have A LOT of Milwaukee tools in the company, both corded and cordless. Real shame none the less.

I will say the warranty that Milwaukee has is fantastic but the issues haven't been lost on me. My brother is a plumber here in Nh and he switched from Dewalt to Milwaukee and had never had a problem with his Milwaukee tools. His fuels look like they've been flushed a few times! Me on the other hand, brand new tools right out of the package. 

12 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I will say the warranty that Milwaukee has is fantastic but the issues haven't been lost on me. My brother is a plumber here in Nh and he switched from Dewalt to Milwaukee and had never had a problem with his Milwaukee tools. His fuels look like they've been flushed a few times! Me on the other hand, brand new tools right out of the package. 

That's unfortunate Chris, these tool manufactures need to treat you better!! 

16 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Nah they were just fine and the warranty service was fantastic. Just kind of bummed to have had problems. Really bummed for carl though!

I hear you its like when you go to the grocery store to buy your favorite ice cream and there sold out :/