Shelves, Totes, Drawers, Peg board or Tool Boxes???

Dano123

On 3/8/2016 at 10:03 AM, Kato said:

My rolling boxes are under the workbench, most of my power tools hang overhead from a shelf or cabinet, and everything else is strategically placed. I don't waste much empty space, almost every nook and cranny is filled with something. Looks slightly different now but not by much

image.jpeg

Looks like a cool place to hang out

8 minutes ago, nordraw said:

Looks like a cool place to hang out

It is, most of the time. I like it, it serves its purpose. Lots of cutting and drilling and screwing goes on in there...and lots of vacuuming too

• Like 3

eca522c50b395b511c79122df855fb39.jpgbd6c899abb624540c75905060e83b14d.jpg0608c2657442a8e8ff265c6b3eb99df5.jpg

These are the latest M18 LED lights...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what these lights actually are? They are some kind of signal light I believe. On until you push the handle...

Haha they were in a box from an auction. The weekly auction I go to will put several boxes together until they sell them so if I want 1 box I may end up with 5 of misc junk along with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dano123 said:

69ef85a60fd1c3a3d82fe35f3c58cfdd.jpg

I hung a few french cleat tracks, now I don't know what to put on them...

Ha! I hate when that happens! Lol when I put up my pegboard it took me like another 2daya to decide which tools I wanted hung up there..

• Like 2

Well Dano, slow wins the prize. I've had my renovation topic going for almost two years

and have been making regular updates throughout and like most people with a shop be it mechanical or woodworking like mine, space is always an issue but using the French cleat system is a great way to make manageable room and organization for your shop. I love watching these posts, the best ones on the forum arguably (in my head) and I get ideas just from looking over these tours. Also I'm curios, is that a jointer I see?

• Like 3

Well Dano, slow wins the prize. I've had my renovation topic going for almost two years

and have been making regular updates throughout and like most people with a shop be it mechanical or woodworking like mine, space is always an issue but using the French cleat system is a great way to make manageable room and organization for your shop. I love watching these posts, the best ones on the forum arguably (in my head) and I get ideas just from looking over these tours. Also I'm curios, is that a jointer I see?

Your right Chris. Also I watched you latest YouTube video. Was very good.

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

• Like 2

You are right, slow works better. Every other time I have cleaned my garage the back wall and the corners have been a place to pack stuff. This time I am trying to add organization, french cleats, shelves, etc as I clean so hopefully it stays organized longer. That is a Craftsman 6" jointer you see, part of the tools I inherited. My table saw, bandsaw and the jointer are all Craftsman. The drill press is a Champion and one of the 2 compressors he gave me is a Craftsman also. All old school tools that work, except the compressor feels seized up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Dano is an awesome member of the crew!

Thanks buddy!  I figure this thread will hopefully inspire someone else to tackle their own garage clean up project.  Mine had to be a great example of how bad one could get.  The goal now is to have the double bay clear by the weekend and the single side done by Sunday night.  I have plans tomorrow night so Friday night after my auction I need to get hustling!

• Like 2