Kreg Jig R3

JimboS1ice

10 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yes they do, clear, like 4 different sizes, clear labeling for materials

The labeling for what screws to use for what woods will be very helpful for beginners. When I first got my jig i bought the wrong screws

8 hours ago, khariV said:

I never thought not to spin the drill fast when I was pulling out. Good tip.

Yeah they tell you when you drill to work the bit in and out slightly to remove the chips, but definitely don't remove the bit all the way while it is spinning. The drill guides are hardened steel and warranted, but those bits aren't cheap.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I love my k4 I got not too long ago, don't know how I ever built stuff without one. I finally bit the bullet when I decided to do a full kitchen install and needed to cobble together a bunch of pieces to make an island:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I pocket-holed the crap outta that thing ;)

• Like 8

BTW, I just figured out that Sears sells Kreg...which means probably a dozen or more times a year you get $10 off any Kreg item over $20. They have the Kreg R3 kit, screw kit and the face clamp at the same price as HD and Lowe's.

My clamp is incoming(for $2.50 out of pocket!), probably will pick up the kit next!

• Like 1

I love my k4 I got not too long ago, don't know how I ever built stuff without one. I finally bit the bullet when I decided to do a full kitchen install and needed to cobble together a bunch of pieces to make an island ....... I pocket-holed the crap outta that thing [emoji6]

That's pretty much how I got into the kreg system, building my whole kitchen from scratch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have 13 dollars in rewards and 2 expire tomorrow... Hmm what to get what to get

I'm sure you will think of something good, I've got faith in ya brother!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The hd screws aren't the cheapest but they are nice quality. 125 for $20

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't always use kreg screws, you just have to be careful not to blow your holes out by over driving